Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I would like peoples advice at Lancaster uni please! I am considering :rolleyes: transferring university to start year two psychology at Lancaster next september (2010) and was wondering what people think?
    Would I have missed too much in year one??:eek3: - and would it be hard to catch up?
    also has anyone ever transferred before and did you find it easy to fit in/make friends in the second year? I'm kind of worried that everyone will have made friends by then and I will be a bit lost

any advice would be fab

thank-you xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Transferring from where? If its a BPS recognised course you are leaving then the first years of the two courses should be pretty standardised.

ReputationRep:
    yes its bps accredited

ReputationRep:
    year one doesn't actually count so you should be fine, no one normally really remembers first year or tries too hard... that is a stereotype but yeah

ReputationRep:
    You should probably be fine to transfer, but maybe you should get in touch with Lancaster University beforehand and doublecheck whether they'd actually accept the transfer.

I imagine that the courses in Year 1 would be similar in every university, since generally you do study an Introduction to Psychology, and I don't see how that would be different.

Are you currently in Year 1 of study at your university then? For Year 1 at Lancaster you study Developmental, Neuro, Cognitve and Social aspects of Psychology, as well as conceptual, historical and individual differences. In another module, you study Investigating Psychology, which is research methods in those same topics. Does that match up with what you study at your university? If it does, I really don't see why a transfer would be an issue

Psychology seems to be really good at Lancaster anyway. I've only just started, but some of the lecturers are really interesting already - thumbs up to Dina Lew and Dennis Hay so far definitely! I'd recommend transferring here definitely if you do get the chance to

ReputationRep:
    Thank u for all your advice !!

I have completed my first year of psychology and the topics look pretty much the same so I have decided to go for it and apply to transfer next year :p:

hopefully I may see you in second year, next year then

xxx

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.