Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anyone done this ISA on simple harmonic motion with pendulums yet?

ReputationRep:
    what do u mean by?
    ISA
    ?

is that the ISA? i like SHM

we are doing it around christmas i think! i need to do well in the isa this year! last year i got 85% raw but was moderated down to a B :'(

ReputationRep:
    the practical exam which has a written paper to it. It's an AQA Physics A Exam. Just did the practical yday on simple harmonic motion of a V shaped pendulum. Just wondering if anyone else has done it or the written part?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    is that the ISA? i like SHM

we are doing it around christmas i think! i need to do well in the isa this year! last year i got 85% raw but was moderated down to a B :'(
    Yo, have you done any of the ISAs yet. There is an electricity one, which I have tomorrow, have you done that? A2 Physics A by the way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resortini)
    Yo, have you done any of the ISAs yet. There is an electricity one, which I have tomorrow, have you done that? A2 Physics A by the way...
    Electricity one???
    What unit are you working towards because I know one of the isa is about Simple Harmonic Motion.
    The other one has to do with unit 5 i think

ReputationRep:
    I got 53%
    It was so hard

(Original post by sheree13)
    I got 53%
    It was so hard
    on the SHM one? Any tips you could give me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheree13)
    I got 53%
    It was so hard

I have not got mine back yet.
    My teacher might not give us our result and we may have to wait until August!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    on the SHM one? Any tips you could give me?
    I can't really remember it!! It was just so hard though. There are a lot of questions on uncertainty.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone in my class said it was ridiculously difficult and the vast majority of my year got Us. I'm predicted an A and I think I got a B or a C (can't remember). My teacher complained about it to the board at a meeting he went to. I found the questions were really obscure, badly phrased and there was a question on logs which was awful. I was the only person in my year to get any marks on that question, including other further mathematicians. I'm sitting the other ISA in Feb.

ReputationRep:
    Hey just wondering about question4 on this ISA the written one any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    got my exam 2moro any tips??

ReputationRep:
    Ive got this ISA a week on Friday. Any tips? I hear its heavy on uncertainty.

ReputationRep:
    yer i did it 2day, went well! yer heavy on uncertainty, jus make sure u can do tht the descriptions are easy questions so i wunt even revise em haha

ReputationRep:
    ah great cheers

ReputationRep:
    I got 82%....my teacher said that's probably a B

i'm predicted an A and the ISA is always what lets me down....i just don't think I have the right technique!

ReputationRep:
    in my Physics isa i got a total of 35/40, chemistry i got 32/40 and for my biology i got 38/40. All my teachers saying it's an A. Will this stay the same after moderation.???!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 12, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.