Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm seriously running out of time, and i just can't seem to get my statement short enough fjgfis.
    how important are extra curricular activities to cambridge admissions tutors? im sure ive heard somewhere before that theyre of no relevance at all.. but i dont want to miss them out completely in case it stops me getting offers from other places.
    just in general then, how important are they?

ReputationRep:
    Almost irrelevant, unless they are to do with your subject. But they may help a little with other universities you're applying to,

You tried the personal statement help on TSR? You can get real good help there if you're struggling on your PS.

ReputationRep:
    no, i havent. do you mean have i had someone look at it? that does sound like a good idea..

ReputationRep:
    Usually they have little relevance to your subject... I just mentioned I liked participating in sports but took some other things out as I needed it to talk about my subject! :p: If you put it on the Personal Statement Help on TSR someone should look at it quite quickly because it will be your first draft.

ReputationRep:
    I was waiting longer than a week to get mine reviewed

ReputationRep:
    oh great.. i only have until thursday though.. so maaaybe il get preferance..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    I was waiting longer than a week to get mine reviewed
    It depends what subject you submit for. We are quite busy and a lot of us are at university or work and do PS reviews in our spare time. We do try and look at them as quickly as possible. What subject are you OP?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You have plenty of time. Just spend some time writing something that is honest. it doesnt have to be perfect. xx

ReputationRep:
    it's ok, theyve since told me theyll take a look now. so woooop

and you've also applied too cambridge i seeee. i like your idea of putting your grades in your signature thing as well. i may copy you. did you go to the open day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leala4628)
    It depends what subject you submit for. We are quite busy and a lot of us are at university or work and do PS reviews in our spare time. We do try and look at them as quickly as possible. What subject are you OP?
    I know. I'm not complaining, the PS help service was absolutely brilliant, I was just saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    I know. I'm not complaining, the PS help service was absolutely brilliant, I was just saying
    I was just letting the OP know it might not be the case for her English ones have been thin on the ground during the past few days from what I've seen...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lucykinzz)
    it's ok, theyve since told me theyll take a look now. so woooop

and you've also applied too cambridge i seeee. i like your idea of putting your grades in your signature thing as well. i may copy you. did you go to the open day?
    If you mean me (you should quote the one your talking too love ;p), no i didnt go to the open day. Did you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    If you mean me (you should quote the one your talking too love ;p), no i didnt go to the open day. Did you?
    sorry.. im new.. and yes i did. it was amaaazing. i really didnt want to fall in love with it and get my hopes up but alas, i did..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leala4628)
    sorry, ive only just realised what OP means lol. im english, and someones already looking at it
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lucykinzz)
    sorry.. im new.. and yes i did. it was amaaazing. i really didnt want to fall in love with it and get my hopes up but alas, i did..
    I have been there before, it is very nice.

I was originally applying for english at Oxford btw so nice choice =D

<3

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.