Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else entered for this? I'm dreading it, I always seem to **** up in exams like History and English as I don't plan and end up waffling, it doesn't help that we're now on our 4th English, they keep getting pregnant, there must be something in the water. Not only that but due to all the teachers we have a wide range of coursework marks as some of the teachers gave way to many marks which means they're all going to come down when moderated.
    Our English department is in a total mess this year, one of the sets had their coursework at B/A standard but when another teacher checked them over she realized that they were all D/C pieces and the school wont let them redo the coursework due to 'time limitations'.
    /rant

ReputationRep:
    Ahh memories, I did it in November last year! My teacher at the time told us it was easier than the June paper as the November one is a resit, so try not to worry too much about it.
    The board get a sample of the coursework, and if they think it has been unfairly marked, they'll get the rest of the coursework from that class, so you'll get marked fairly.
    Try not to dread it too much, I'd recommend reading a good newspaper for revision, and learning lots of features of language (It's ok to ramble on that bit :p: )
    Good luck for the exam!

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking it. I'm not sure how I feel about it really, I just don't like the Lang poems :p:
    Your best bet is to get hold of some really good revision material and try to relax in the exam! Oh and I'm planning on doing something that I hate but I know how beneficial it is - planning!

ReputationRep:
    i am doing GCSE Enlglish as a second attempt now, and would have to get the best of my potential now. Can anyone provide me with A* tips?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 26, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.