Turn on thread page Beta

Every girl seems obsessed with looks expecially on the internet. Are there no girls who are happy just having a plain average face and who focus on other areas of their life? Who cares if you look unattractive and rough when you go outside the guy you attract will see you looking like this anyway expecially in the later years. In fact Ive heard of a few men leaving women because to them the physical appeal is lost as in she ages, puts weight on stops wearing make up. (though you could argue against this i know) Whereas if a guy likes you how you naturally look to start with its unlikely there will be this problem. It just seems all fake to me whats the point in faking that you are more attractive than your natural appearance? Im not talking about wearing no make up but girls who wear it everyday, dye their hair constantly, get eye brows done.

I know a girl who trains horses and she more or less always looks what most people would call rough/unattractive she goes shopping in fleeces and wellingtons but she always seems happy. I guess this is what life is like in more rural areas people tend to pay a lot less attention to appearance unlike here in London. I could be wrong but its how it seems to me.

But yea are any of you lot happy to just go out looking natural/rough? Or do you know people who do this? And guys your opinions do you kind if a girl wears no foundation and just looks an average girl?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Depends on the girl tbh.

Some girls have something about them that makes them look so naturally beautiful :coma:
    Some girls look prettier with makeup.
    Some girls look disgusting as they tend to go over the top with makeup.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Hello I went to a private school and so it was girls only and I was in a kind of quiet group, we weren't the ****s or the nerds if you get me, but all my friends are stunners and I wore makeup every day but not that many people did. We are in sixth form now (I don't go there any more) and whenever we go out they always wear like no/ very little makeup cos I guess they are just used to it and don't need it anyway. It was the same with quite a few of the other girls that went there. I think it is nice how they feel they don't need to wear makeup because they don't look skanky and rough and I guess they look natural but no one notices cos they always look like that wish I could be the same...

ReputationRep:
    different guys, like different girls.

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm pretty much in the minority but...

I love it if a girl isn't wearing make-up and doesn't appear to make a huge effort in regards to her clothes/hair, it shows that they're comfortable with how and who they are and they're generally (I'm not saying it's always the case) really nice and down to earth.

It annoys me how vein and obsessed with how people look the world has become.

ReputationRep:
    I wear no make-up apart from eye-liner. Too much hassle and I don't even know how to apply it properly to be honest. As for my hair.. it always has that "bedhead" look to it, whether it's a good thing or not

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with looking natural.. Tbh I think it looks better than being all fake.. but you still have to look after yourself and take care in your appearance..

ReputationRep:
    I wear a fair bit of makeup, including false eyelashes a fair bit of the time. I don't go OTT, but I feel so self concious without any on, in fact i feel 'bare' to the point when people are talking to me, i try to end the conversation quickly just to stop them from looking at me and thinking 'oh god :l '. I don't think i'm vain, because i don't like my apperance, but I know that i feel much much better with makeup on than off. Probably because I am hugely insecure and self concious. Bad times lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm a mix of both, really.
    I don't wear make-up any more, aside from on special occasions such as rare nights out, but I do get my eyebrows waxed regularly and I can't go out without straightening my hair.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy with no makeup at all, the stuff is crap.

ReputationRep:
    Looking natural is completely different to looking rough!
    Im a natural kind of gal. I don't wear make up, only get my hair cut twice a year and live in jeans, but i don't look rough! The only time I wear heels is when I go out, and even then I don't wear make up.

its usually the stuck up girls who plaster themselves with make up anyway....

ReputationRep:
    I never look rough because I dont want to feel like a disgusting mess. I actually enjoy looking nice, putting makeup on and doing my hair. Its not as though its a chore or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Every girl seems obsessed with looks expecially on the internet. Are there no girls who are happy just having a plain average face and who focus on other areas of their life? Who cares if you look unattractive and rough when you go outside the guy you attract will see you looking like this anyway expecially in the later years. In fact Ive heard of a few men leaving women because to them the physical appeal is lost as in she ages, puts weight on stops wearing make up. (though you could argue against this i know) Whereas if a guy likes you how you naturally look to start with its unlikely there will be this problem. It just seems all fake to me whats the point in faking that you are more attractive than your natural appearance? Im not talking about wearing no make up but girls who wear it everyday, dye their hair constantly, get eye brows done.

I know a girl who trains horses and she more or less always looks what most people would call rough/unattractive she goes shopping in fleeces and wellingtons but she always seems happy. I guess this is what life is like in more rural areas people tend to pay a lot less attention to appearance unlike here in London. I could be wrong but its how it seems to me.

But yea are any of you lot happy to just go out looking natural/rough? Or do you know people who do this? And guys your opinions do you kind if a girl wears no foundation and just looks an average girl?
    i wasnt against ur opinion, untill that bit
    hmm so you find it nice for a girl to compete with u on who got longer and more hair on their legs, and armpits??
    nice if u think so, btw why anon?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, or eyeliner. Lots and lots of eyeliner.
    They look hawt innit. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ABSOLUTELY.

I'm nearly 19 and have never owned any makeup. I would feel more ugly with it on, I think, and uncomfortable too! I like to be able to rub my eye when it's itching without worrying about smudging my makeup! And because I don't wear it, I never have to worry about "what people would think" if I went out without makeup. I don't own any heels or things like that either.

I do live in a very rural area, just to add. I think this makes a big difference. When I have to get some shopping I always feel a bit out of place and scruffy. Not that I care

ReputationRep:
    Including a shower, it takes me 20 minutes to get ready in the morning (with my hair and make up "done" ). Since this isn't much of a hassle, and it makes me feel cute, I'm pretty happy with my routine.

ReputationRep:
    I wear make up every day, the amount depends on what look I want to go for. So some days I just want a plain look whereas others I put a fair bit of eye make up on because that's what I want. However I always leave my hair natural. Personally I find it weirder when people care more about how straight their hair is than their make up, but that's just me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm high maintenance with my appearance. But with my boyfriend, I'm happy to lie in bed without any makeup on, hair a reet mess. It's when I'm most comfortable is when I'm with him; he loves that.

When I'm out in town n stuff, I prefer to look like I've made an effort. It makes me feel good about myself knowing I'm not just a fat, unkempt woman. It's nice to keep yourself looking good I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)
    Looking natural is completely different to looking rough!
    Exactly. Some girls look amazing without make-up, others don't. Looking natural DOES NOT equal looking rough. And not wearing make-up also doesn't equal looking rough.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.