Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok here we can revise togather...etc so first of all how are you going to revise what ARE YOU GOING to do:p:

ReputationRep:
    Specific content-wise, I'm just gonna make notes on accelerators and particle detectors and learn those. Then I'm just gonna keep trying lots of past synoptic papers to practice. And maybe briefly read through my AS physics folder..?

ReputationRep:
    well i have attached the unit6 sylabus , there are only 7 points so we could go through all 7 points one by one in this thread ???
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    wat do u think is the hardest of the 7 points on the sylabus...lets start with that 1...I vote for accelerators 6.5 linear accelerators

ReputationRep:
    6.7 I guess....I hate the particle detectros thingie and anything that concerns oscolliscope

ReputationRep:
    analogies can be quite confusing. Accelerators are easy, just learn the content even if you don't understand it.

ReputationRep:
    personally its all hard, but dunno why i find fission and fusion hard,i think its cos my teacher taught it in several lessons and was on about some deterium molecule or somin like that, all those processes and different isotopes of hydrogen - he overcomplicated it for sure
    should we go through the topics 1-7 or just concentrate on the hard ones in any order?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumitk87)
    personally its all hard, but dunno why i find fission and fusion hard,i think its cos my teacher taught it in several lessons and was on about some deterium molecule or somin like that, all those processes and different isotopes of hydrogen - he overcomplicated it for sure
    should we go through the topics 1-7 or just concentrate on the hard ones in any order?
    Don't say you were taught the whole proton-proton chain :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ipsen)
    Don't say you were taught the whole proton-proton chain :eek:
    yea :eek:
    do we need to kno it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumitk87)

deterium??? wat is all this...its new 2 me...can we goover this..i have no idea wat this is...edexcel rite???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackin boi)
    deterium??? wat is all this...its new 2 me...can we goover this..i have no idea wat this is...edexcel rite???
    yep edexcel
    then again my teacher gets carried away cos he knows too much advanced physics

im sure proton-proton chain is in the nelson (NAS) book :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    analogies can be quite confusing. Accelerators are easy, just learn the content even if you don't understand it.
    I agree with u completely. The accelerators are not that hard. But the analogies are really very confusing. Well, i'm planning to memorise all the analogies even though it is not that clear to me.

ReputationRep:
    Deuterium is an isotope of Hydrogen. Its nucleus consists of 1 proton and 2 neutrons. It is the essential of nuclear reactors.

@sumitk87: you don't have to memorise it. The chain may be the topic asked in the exam but they will provide you with enough details and you don't have to recall the whole tedious process from your mind

ReputationRep:
    im planning to spend next => tuesday,wednesday,friday [evening],sunday,saturday all on phy6/c4.

I haven't been taught bubble chamber stuff properly, i learnt e=mc^2 in particle physics, glad that is giving me an advantage over some people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ipsen)
    Deuterium is an isotope of Hydrogen. Its nucleus consists of 1 proton and 2 neutrons. It is the essential of nuclear reactors.

@sumitk87: you don't have to memorise it. The chain may be the topic asked in the exam but they will provide you with enough details and you don't have to recall the whole tedious process from your mind
    few
    thought id have to learn all that stuff :eek:

ReputationRep:
    im planning to spend next => tuesday,wednesday,friday [evening],sunday,saturday all on phy6/c4.

I haven't been taught bubble chamber stuff properly, i learnt e=mc^2 in particle physics, glad that is giving me an advantage over some people
    Dnt u have Chem 6??

ReputationRep:

that was in particle phys? that would explain my *ahem* weak performance in PHY3

i cant revise for phy6 and C4 until after history on the friday before

/poos pants.

ReputationRep:
    Dnt u have Chem 6??
    Nope

I'm only doing

media
    maths
    physics
    psychology

i'll do chem part time next year probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by everybodylaughs)
    I agree with u completely. The accelerators are not that hard. But the analogies are really very confusing. Well, i'm planning to memorise all the analogies even though it is not that clear to me.

What are the analogies for the accelerators???? :confused: Waht do u mean by it? cos im kinda lost.

is it to do with the linac/cyclotron itself like how to draw it and stuff???

do we need to know the diff between them?

ReputationRep:
    no analogies for the accelerators, just other ones

for example with a spring system and capacitorsin series or parallel (capacitance and the spring constant), or decay of a capacitor by discharge through a resistor and redioactive decay,

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 26, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.