Do I stand a chance of getting into LSE? Watch

dwp_01
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Yet another one of these annoying threads I know, but I know that LSE is very competitive, and very picky about GCSEs. I'm hoping to study management so I'm wondering if this would be a strong enough application (I wouldn't apply if I had anything less);

AAA/AAB - Maths, Economics, Physics
A - AS History

GCSE A* (in I.T), 7 As, 2 Bs and a D (The D was in Graphics, and unfortunatley I messed up and got a B in maths).

I would also apply with a high grade EPQ on management styles and experience in business from Young Enterprise acting as finance and sales director.

To me, my application seems pretty bare and my GCSEs pretty poor in comparison with some. Is it worth resitting maths, or should I just focus on A level maths instead? My other B was in media, so I doubt that's much of a problem. Anything I can do to improve my application?

Thanks
Frontier
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are you predicted A,A,A/B? Because that may hinder you - LSE are looking for predictions of AAA(+).

I think if you submit a really fantastic personal statement you have a chance.
dwp_01
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Frontier)
Are you predicted A,A,A/B? Because that may hinder you - LSE are looking for predictions of AAA(+).

I think if you submit a really fantastic personal statement you have a chance.

To be honest I've only just started year 12 so they don't have precise predictions, but have given me ALPS scores (based on GCSES) which have come out with AAB/ABB. I know I could have done so much better at GCSE so I'm not really taking these into consideration, but I'm not going to stand here and say I'll get AAA because me and physics can be a bit iffy.

Providing I am predicted AAA however, do I still need more to fill my application?
Frontier
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dwp_01)
To be honest I've only just started year 12 so they don't have precise predictions, but have given me ALPS scores (based on GCSES) which have come out with AAB/ABB. I know I could have done so much better at GCSE so I'm not really taking these into consideration, but I'm not going to stand here and say I'll get AAA because me and physics can be a bit iffy.

Providing I am predicted AAA however, do I still need more to fill my application?
Oh you're in year 12. Work as hard as you can, get good AS results and then hopefully you will be predicted AAA or even some A*s.

With an ABB prediction - or even AAB - an LSE offer is extremely unlikely.

Maybe try and get some work experience to make your PS look better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads