Turn on thread page Beta

Girl and Friend trouble, Any good advice? watch

So there's this girl that i really like, and i think she might like me too, I don't know that for certain, but I think so from the way she is with me. but anyway, one of my friends really likes her too and he doesn't know that i like her, but i know that she doesn't like him in that way, he really likes her, a lot, though.

What am i supposed to do in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    Tell your friend she's on a first come first serve basis.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, who is more important to you, the girl or your friend?

These are the best options to choose from - you might have to forget about her, wait a while or have a talk with him.

ReputationRep:
    Both should try their luck and may the best man win.

ReputationRep:
    Surely your friend would know if he is in the girls league?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to your friend first. Establish some sort of agreement with the both of you. Try and talk about it maturely. If he's okay with you asking this girl out, then go for it. But at the end of the day, if he's a good mate and it's gonna hurt him if you do go out with her, then I'd probably say back off and leave it.

It depends whose friendship you value more; your mates, or the possibility of the one with this girl.

ReputationRep:
    the rule is that if you fancy same person as your friend you have to tell your friend promptly before you can go after the girl with a clear conscience,but to be honest for such a small sentence theres a lot of presumptions in there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.