Turn on thread page Beta

Scientology (cult) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it a cult? What do you think? Apparently it is some huge religion type thing which many celebrities are a part of (John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Eddy Murphy, Steve Martin, Nicole Kidman), etc.

Post your thoughts on it, info, etc. It's also supposed to be very secret so it is hard to find out about.

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of it, so er... kinda hard to judge if it is anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I've never heard of it, so er... kinda hard to judge if it is anything
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...&q=scientology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    Is it a cult? What do you think? Apparently it is some huge religion type thing which many celebrities are a part of (John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Eddy Murphy, Steve Martin, Nicole Kidman), etc.

Post your thoughts on it, info, etc. It's also supposed to be very secret so it is hard to find out about.
    Yeah it is a load of *******s and you have to pay like £150 000 to advance to the higher stages and ranks or whatever. They are a very rich organistaion it is sick *******s that rips vulnerable people off! Some weirdo runs it cant rememnber his name Hubert or something.

L. Ron Hubbard

http://www.somethingawful.com/archiv...-24-9-2001.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    L. Ron Hubbard

http://www.somethingawful.com/archiv...-24-9-2001.htm

Thats the one

ReputationRep:
    what a bunch of idiots

ReputationRep:
    Waste of time *******s, couldn't give a s**t!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Waste of time *******s, couldn't give a s**t!
    perhaps it is bcuz u r a witch!

ReputationRep:
    I started a cult once:

http://www.ccd.i8.com

Forgive the crap website - I'm more or less computer illiterate (well, to an extent - I am typing right now, after all), so I had to get a fellow cultist to do it, and they weren't very good.

P.S. See if you can figure out where you've seen the name before....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    perhaps it is bcuz u r a witch!
    Maybe, but I wont say. I'll let your imagination run wild with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Maybe, but I wont say. I'll let your imagination run wild with you.
    screw the imagination we'll just throw u off a cliff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    screw the imagination we'll just throw u off a cliff
    Which cliff?

ReputationRep:
    how many people joined your cult?

ReputationRep:
    i found an amazingly funny website the otehr week which claimed scientology was a cult and it killed off people that were mucking around, or threatening to leave... and apparently scientologists have to make a report of every encounter of a sexual nature they have with a non-scientologist so it can reviewed :confused: was the weirdest thing I'd read in a long while lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    i found an amazingly funny website the otehr week which claimed scientology was a cult and it killed off people that were mucking around, or threatening to leave... and apparently scientologists have to make a report of every encounter of a sexual nature they have with a non-scientologist so it can reviewed :confused: was the weirdest thing I'd read in a long while lol
    a lot of that crap is from a bunch of christian religious organizations that lie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    a lot of that crap is from a bunch of christian religious organizations that lie
    i did kinda assume that it was bull

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)

Nicole Kidman denies ever being a scientologist. Tom Cruise definitely is, so that's probably why she was associated with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)

What evidence do you have that that came from Christian organisations?
    I'm not necessarily saying it didn't, just wondering why you said that.

ReputationRep:
    the whole scientology thing seems quite qierds but i've only read articels that were biased against it so I can't really say what its like. All i know is I hope I never get caught up in any type of cults

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.