The Student Room Group

Do you think this is rude? (as in bad mannered ;))

If someone's invited you, a long time in advance, to an 18th, a house party because the majority can't go out because they're not 18 yet.. to then decide a week before the event that actually, yeah sure we'll come but at around 10ish we're off round the town to the pub for someone elses birthday.

Bare in mind, it's a really small place, I've invited my whole year (30 people) and everyone knows each other and they're not even going to be served anyway in the pubs :frown:

My friend thinks it's rude too, but I wondered what the general consensus was.
I'm sorry I didn't understand your post :s-smilie:
do you mean to say you invited a bunch of people for your 18th and they ditched you for someone elses?
Reply 2
yeah that is a bit crappy of them tough break. at least they're not completely ditching you.
Reply 3
I think its fine. If its someone elses birthday you can understand them wanting to go to both.
I'm confused. I don't think it's rude. OP what do you think is rude? :confused:
Reply 5
Strawberrycayk
I'm sorry I didn't understand your post :s-smilie:
do you mean to say you invited a bunch of people for your 18th and they ditched you for someone elses?

that some are going to come and then leave in the middle
Reply 6
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
I'm confused. I don't think it's rude. OP what do you think is rude? :confused:

that when it gets to the middle of my party half of them are going to leave after me and my friend and my mum have put effort in to organise the house/food/drink and everything.
Reply 7
It's pretty rude only because all of them are going. I went to a mate's 18th, and 1 guy left because he was invited to another and wanted to go to both, but it wasn't a problem because there were a good 20 people left after he left.
annab1684
that when it gets to the middle of my party half of them are going to leave after me and my friend and my mum have put effort in to organise the house/food/drink and everything.

Ohhhh. Yeah, I'd be offended by that. I think it's rude :sadnod:
annab1684
I personally don't think it's rude. They're taking time out of their night to spend some time with you but want to go out on the town afterwards.

Why won't they get served if they go into town?
Reply 10
Perfect_Gent
I personally don't think it's rude. They're taking time out of their night to spend some time with you but want to go out on the town afterwards.

Why won't they get served if they go into town?

they're all 17 and the pubs are really strict which is the whole reason why I was having a house party in the first place.
annab1684

Well at least they're going to show up!
If the other person is their friend then they're doing the right thing.
Reply 12
But you can't force people to spend the whole night at your party, and they are still going, just not for the whole night.
When you get older you realise the only people that actually care about your birthday are you, your family and close friends.
annab1684
they're all 17 and the pubs are really strict which is the whole reason why I was having a house party in the first place.
I was getting served in pubs at 16, I was only asked for ID once, on my 18th birthday, ironically.

I think it's more polite of them to come earlier and leave after spending quality time with you rather than turn up late, trashed and looking for free drink and munchies.

You say it's a small house? I wouldn't want to be that intimate for that long with anybody else but my closest friends and family
Well for my 18th I just had a family and friend birthday meal. I only invited people who were close to me.

I think it's rude of them to do that really but your real friends are the ones who will stay after that bunch leave.
I would feel a little hurt if my friends did this to me but at least they told you beforehand, not just left on the day without an explaination.

Latest

Trending

Trending