Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Vienna)
    Good.
    yes, another nigh civil war in the region would be o so progressive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    You can be Viceroy of India... But I want some of the princely states. I would like Kashmir, Mysore, Travancore, Manipur, and perhaps Mewar/Gwalior.
    And when the time is right, I shall restore the Mughal Empire. But in the meantime I'll be the Nizam of Hyberbad (sp?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Waddell)
    And when the time is right, I shall restore the Mughal Empire. But in the meantime I'll be the Nizam of Hyberbad (sp?)
    Awesome! My grandfather was a good friend of His eminence. If you want to restore the Mughal empire, you will probably need to change its location. Delhi and Agra are now unbearable in the hot season, unless you and your court want to withdraw to the Hill stations of Simla or Nainithal two months out of every year.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! My grandfather was a good friend of His eminence. If you want to restore the Mughal empire, you will probably need to change its location. Delhi and Agra are now unbearable in the hot season, unless you and your court want to withdraw to the Hill stations of Simla or Nainithal two months out of every year.
    Yeah, I think that I'll have to go to Simla for the Summer. This will of course require the building of a nice big castle. My grandfather was a missionary out in India during the Raj and early 50s, and I believe that he met my grandmother in Simla. But that aside, I'll take up residence in the Viceroy's Palace in Delhi during the Winter, Simla in the summer and move around for the rest of the year.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think that I'll have to go to Simla for the Summer. This will of course require the building of a nice big castle. My grandfather was a missionary out in India during the Raj and early 50s, and I believe that he met my grandmother in Simla. But that aside, I'll take up residence in the Viceroy's Palace in Delhi during the Winter, Simla in the summer and move around for the rest of the year.
    I will need a hill stations. Can I take Ooty, Lovedale, Koonoor, Kotagiri..... well for that matter, I'll just take the Nilgiris. My vacation this summer there was gorgeous. Only the Brits could have created places like that.

ReputationRep:
    I will need a hill stations. Can I take Ooty, Lovedale, Koonoor, Kotagiri..... well for that matter, I'll just take the Nilgiris. My vacation this summer there was gorgeous. Only the Brits could have created places like that.
    Yes, the British are perfect, aren't we

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the British are perfect, aren't we
    My parents are still pining away for the Raj. Ohhh... If only Gandhi *** Nehru and the Congress didn't screw everything up.

ReputationRep:
    My parents are still pining away for the Raj. Ohhh... If only Gandhi *** Nehru and the Congress didn't screw everything up.
    In all honesty though, I can't see how the Raj could have been maintained indefinately. The most the British could have done is make you a dominion, so Queen Elizabeth would still be Empress of India. And also try to build up institutions to prepare India for independance.

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty though, I can't see how the Raj could have been maintained indefinately. The most the British could have done is make you a dominion, so Queen Elizabeth would still be Empress of India. And also try to build up institutions to prepare India for independance.
    If the Raj had held on for perhaps two decades more, India would be far better off.

ReputationRep:
    If the Raj had held on for perhaps two decades more, India would be far better off.
    I'm geniunely interested why you think that. Would you care to open up a new thread and give your reasons therein?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    I'm geniunely interested why you think that. Would you care to open up a new thread and give your reasons therein?
    First there wouldn't have been the partition. Second, everyone would have been educated by now, so the religious and ethnic violence in the region would not be there. Third non of the political corruption and revolution that comes with India's pseudo-democracy would be there.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.