Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just come back from holiday first day tommorow, just wondering to login to the aston computers do you use your ASTON map login details? cheers. Like the ones used for blackboard thank you and are the I.T rooms open 24/7? thank you guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J4GGYBoss)
    Just come back from holiday first day tommorow, just wondering to login to the aston computers do you use your ASTON map login details? cheers. Like the ones used for blackboard thank you and are the I.T rooms open 24/7? thank you guys.
    Yep your username (first bit of your email addey) and your password are the same for all Aston logins unless you're told otherwise.

Most IT rooms are open 24/7. The ones for your dept (you need to find out which these are or wait for someone on here to tell you!) are more than likely 24/7 access.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you do, the user/pass are the same for normal login, map, bb, and email ([email protected]).

Not sure if its open 24/7 though.

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh ok thanks got quite abit of stuff to print off i heard it costs money to print!? :P. Thanks anyway x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J4GGYBoss)
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh ok thanks got quite abit of stuff to print off i heard it costs money to print!? :P. Thanks anyway x
    Yep, unfortunately!

You have to top up your ID card with money. There used to be machines in the library to do it but I heard these have been taken away and you now have to credit your ID card at the reception desk in the library?!?!

I think it's 3p per side of black and white A4, not sure of other prices.

Read the instructions by the printer when you want to print, it'll tell you how to do it as you have to swipe/insert your card in the machine near the printer to print things.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is 3p per side of b&w a4, 6p for double sided. I only used the colour printer once but it was a bomb and cost me about a fiver.

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhhhhh thats a let down!! does the library have the common books in stock? or do you have to like buy them all? this isnt looking too good on my loan :P

ReputationRep:
    but thanks for the info so far

ReputationRep:
    It should have the books that you need for your course on the reading list, very occasionally they're not there.

ReputationRep:
    Try and get the books out that you need before everyone else on your course does coz otherwise you'll probley have a long wait before you can get hold of a copy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~miffy~)
    Try and get the books out that you need before everyone else on your course does coz otherwise you'll probley have a long wait before you can get hold of a copy
    That's the situation I'm already in, it looks like I will have to come in early at the weekends in order to get the reference copy and study it for the day before anyone else who may have the same idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Textbookworm)
    That's the situation I'm already in, it looks like I will have to come in early at the weekends in order to get the reference copy and study it for the day before anyone else who may have the same idea.
    You could reserve a copy now to ensure that you'll get the book you need and then just keep renewing it until you run out of renewals or someone else reserves it.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.