Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't say "go see a doctor" because this is the obvious, but due to lack of funds I can't go to the doctor and my health insurance only covers medical emergancies and pregnancy. I do realise that you can't actually tell me what it is, but I am hoping that someone has come across this before and can give me an idea of the possibilities, so.....

Since I woke up I have been needing to pee every 30 to 40 minutes or so. But the need to pee is very sudden, and when I do go there is a lot there. I wouldn't say I have been drinking more, or less, fluids than usual but the colouring is extremely light. I've tried googling, but I have only found stuff about blood or pain with it, and there is no blood or pain, my bladder just suddenly feels very full.

Any ideas?

Hard to tell from your post, is this happening just today or for a while?

ReputationRep:
    Found this on Yahoo answers:

Frequent and urgent urination are classic signs of a urinary tract infection. Since inflammation reduces the bladder's capacity to hold urine, even small amounts of urine cause discomfort. Even if you have an infection there may be no pain.

Diabetes: When excess blood sugar is excreted into urine, it draws water from the body's tissues, increasing the need to urinate.

Kidney disease: Diseases that cause kidney decline may affect the kidneys' ability to concentrate urine, increasing the amount of urine produced.

Other causes include: Interstitial cystitis (an ongoing inflammation of the bladder that is much more common in women than men; often difficult to diagnose and treat), taking medications

And, less commonly: Radiation therapy, Bladder dysfunction, & Bladder cancer

I think the infection sounds most likely if its just come on suddenly.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds very much like a UTI. The doctors can give you antibiotics that will get rid of it very quickly, or I hear cranberry juice is quite effective at preventing these appearing. Not sure how useful it is once you've already got one.

Edit - are you saying there is or isn't a lot there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Hard to tell from your post, is this happening just today or for a while?
    Just today. It used to happen a lot when I was younger, but I was just accused of attention seeking by the doctor :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shortarse)
    Sounds very much like a UTI. The doctors can give you antibiotics that will get rid of it very quickly, or I hear cranberry juice is quite effective at preventing these appearing. Not sure how useful it is once you've already got one.

Edit - are you saying there is or isn't a lot there?
    there is a lot there

ReputationRep:
    I would guess at urinary tract infection, you really do need to see a doctor (sorry), they will test your wee and prescribe you antibiotics if that is what you have. They will also advise to drink lots (cranberry juice is supposed to be good) to keep your fluids up and help flush it out your system. Avoid pure orange juice as this may make things sting!

or cystitis

there are so many things this could be you should get checked out, maybe speak to a pharmacist if you can't go to the doctor they may suggest something like cymalon for cystitis.

Hope that helps, I used to work in a pharmacy and have had two children who have both suffered UTI's. And not to panic you but my daughter ended up in hospital with hers when she was 2.

Hope you get better soon.

ReputationRep:
    Hm I thought UTI's usually involved a really bad need to pee but there actually being very little there. Now I'm not so sure... sorry this is quite unhelpful!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah whats been said here seems quite plausible stuff. Just to add weight to the UTI argument, women are at much greater risk of getting UTIs than men (a plumbing issue).

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any pain, or the feeling of needing to go when you don't actually need to go?

Are you losing weight? And you're definitely not pregnant?

Just going through some possibilities!

ReputationRep:
    My brother got diagnosed with Diabetes after a problem like this. But he also had some other factors that led to such a diagnosis. But I think needing the toilet every 30 minutes is one of the signs of diabetes.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Yip sounds like a UTI. Need antibiotics or something.

ReputationRep:
    You probably have a bladder infection.
    If you want this to go away, go see a doctor for drugs, but if you don't, be prepared to put up with it for longer...

ReputationRep:
    Diabetes?
    Any chance you could be pregnant?
    Doesn't really sound like a UTI But it could be affecting you slightly differently than others

ReputationRep:
    Could you be preggers, perchance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Could you be preggers, perchance?
    I hope not

ReputationRep:
    Needing to pee large quantities and often can be a sign of quite a few things to be honest, from pregnancy through hormonal disorders like diabetes and hyperadrenocorticism, through to the much more likely such as urinary tract infections. You're not going to get a definite answer unless you go to a doctor, so your best bet is to drink a lot of water, possibly some cranberry juice, and stay rested. See what happens. If it's persisting after a week or so, you probably should take antibiotics and/or rule out other causes.

ReputationRep:
    UTI probably. Antibiotics will clear it up but if you can't get them then 2 ltrs of cranberry juice a day for the next week should make it pass quicker.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound like your pregnant, unless your really far gone and haven't realised it.
    Normally only wee alot when the baby is big and pushes on your bladder.
    Could be an infection.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.