Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have chosen 5 uni's to apply to, and was thinking I might need a back-up uni just incase. My current back-up was Sheffield, as I was under the impression their offer was ABC, but now it looks like it's ABB.

So what other uni's have a ABC/BBB offer and which one(s) are the best?

My current choices are in the spoiler, in my sig. Hopefully I won't even need this choice but better to be safe than sorry I guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cashfield777)
    I have chosen 5 uni's to apply to, and was thinking I might need a back-up uni just incase. My current back-up was Sheffield, as I was under the impression their offer was ABC, but now it looks like it's ABB.

So what other uni's have a ABC/BBB offer and which one(s) are the best?

My current choices are in the spoiler, in my sig. Hopefully I won't even need this choice but better to be safe than sorry I guess...
    Are you applying for the four year MSci/MMath or three year BSc? If the latter then Queen Mary have a good department and make BBB offers (for the former it goes up to AAB, though I suspect they do make lower offers depending on the candidate). Then there's Aberdeen, which is a very underrated university and makes offers of CCC according to their website, though there are some differences between the Scottish and English degree structure.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.
    I'm applying for the 3 year BSc, and I'll have a look at Queen Mary.

I was also looking at Leeds, although the grades are higher, you only have to do well in maths and further maths (offers of AA or AB3, 3 in STEP)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.
    In that case, and being biased, I'd say that UEA (A(M)B(FM)C) is worth a look as well, as might Royal Holloway (don't be put off by the RAE score for RH, as there's already some discussion as to how accurately they reflect the quality of the department).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

I was also looking at Leeds, although the grades are higher, you only have to do well in maths and further maths (offers of AA or AB3, 3 in STEP)
    Leeds is my back up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    Leeds is my back up
    I'm pretty sure Leeds is going to be my back up now. Maybe I'll see you next september (hopefully at Warwick though :p: )

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure Leeds is going to be my back up now. Maybe I'll see you next september (hopefully at Warwick though :p: )
    Same here.. Leeds is my back up and hopefully Warwick firm

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.