Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically, I was at a house party yesterday evening, and got talking to a girl even if it was for just a bit... I've had pits in my stomach and kind of a lovesick feeling ever since parting ways, so I figured I should probably ask her out, even if this is just a crush...

Here's the problem - I've spent the last 5 years in an all boys school, so I have zero experience with girls - I have no idea whatsoever... Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
    NothingCrushesUs

ReputationRep:
    So wait, you've met her once?

ReputationRep:
    walk up to her
    ask her if she wants to go out some time
    boom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    So wait, you've met her once?
    yup, and I can truly say that I'm in love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apotts)
    walk up to her
    ask her if she wants to go out some time
    boom
    this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingCrushesUs)

just asking her if she wants to go out some time is the best plan

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

Did you not get her number, genius?

ReputationRep:
    You wanna go out sometime?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Learn to use the search function

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Learn to use the search function
    Doesn't that seem a bit pointless though when the OP is looking for tailored advice? Searching through countless similar threads to find one that is 100% the same as what you want to ask seems a bit time consuming.

Though i do agree that this has been done to death lately. People must be getting shy lol

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Well, first things first, don't tell her that you're in love! This will only scare her off.

It really depends on whether you have her number or not. If you're likely to see her again, casually drop into the conversation that you should go out sometimes. Or, if she mentions a film she'd like to see, say you should go together. You get my drift.

If you do have her number, text her and ask how she is, say it was nice to meet her. If she texts back you're in luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah_22_16)
    Doesn't that seem a bit pointless though when the OP is looking for tailored advice?
    This is the problem the OP is gonna face.

Asking for tailored advice on how to get ONE girl = He won't get said girl.

He needs to do the most logical thing (i.e. get her number, arrange a meeting for coffee) and take it from there. THEN he should be asking for advice based on what happened.

This way, he will learn far more about his weaknesses and strengths, and what he needs to do now, and in future similar situations.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the problem
    No, the problem is that you lack balls.

Grow a pair.

ReputationRep:
    Poetry always works for me:love::tongue:
    Next time you see her perhaps start a casual conversation and then exchange numbers, in order to do something i.e Cinema.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr-breaker)
    This is the problem the OP is gonna face.

Asking for tailored advice on how to get ONE girl = He won't get said girl.

He needs to do the most logical thing (i.e. get her number, arrange a meeting for coffee) and take it from there. THEN he should be asking for advice based on what happened.

This way, he will learn far more about his weaknesses and strengths, and what he needs to do now, and in future similar situations.
    No no no you misunderstand lol. What i mean is tailored advice for his problem i.e that he hasn't had any experience with girls, hasn't been in contact with girls during his most of teen years etc. I do agree though with what you say lol.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr-breaker)
    Spoiler:
    Show

you poor thing, going to an all boys school really didnt do you any favours

ReputationRep:
    I don't know like... "wanna go out sometime?"
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by sarah_22_16)
    Doesn't that seem a bit pointless though when the OP is looking for tailored advice? Searching through countless similar threads to find one that is 100% the same as what you want to ask seems a bit time consuming.

Though i do agree that this has been done to death lately. People must be getting shy lol
    Well someone would have said it... and no matter how helpful you wish to be typing out the same response to every thread gets boring...

I would say i'm ever so slightly still drunk... so hope this makes remote sense! have a nice daaayyy

and OP, as someones nice pointed out my original post was very helpfully unhelpful.

Try and get to know her better, then ask her out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.