Going to uni without UCAS points Watch

ashleigh_4289
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Right, so here's the thing when I left high school I decided not to go to college (stupid decision), instead I went straight into work, which I regret now. Since then I have done an NVQ L2 in retail management and an NVQ L2 in supporting teaching and learning, I also worked at a school for a year. I have now decided that I want to go to uni, I know that the best option for me is a foundation degree. I want to do a Foundation Degree Working with Children, Young People and Families. It says I need GSCE english at grade C or above and relevant experience, which I have. It also says that I need 80 UCAS points, that I don't have! Finally, getting to my point is it possible to get on this course without any UCAS points ?

( Sorry for rambling on )
TSK08
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i have few ucas points

i did a part time degree (first year), As levels and som diploma

but just on the part time degree i got into full time uni but im also a mature student.....

do a foundation year???
overtherainbow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
dont the nvqs count as something?
elliotcallard
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depends on the course and the university. Everywhere will have different policies although a large number do consider applications from people with different experience i.e. not just A levels and GCSE's
Jellynubbin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/ucas_...qualifications
xmarilynx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My friend got into Lincoln to do History with no GCSEs or A Levels, so I'd say it's very possible. Contact the department and ask?
ashleigh_4289
Thank you all for your replies. I've e-mailed shu but haven't had a reply yet. I'll give them a ring tomorrow.
polka_dott
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by overtherainbow)
dont the nvqs count as something?
They are NVQ L2 which is GCSE level I think so they wouldn't count as UCAS points?
ashleigh_4289
I know a level 3 is equivalent to 2 A-levels, but I dont think NVQ L2 are.
CalB92
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I really dont know. Sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (191)
39.63%
No - but I will (29)
6.02%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (229)
47.51%

Watched Threads