Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey can anyone tell me what freshers week is going to be like at JMU?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is at JMU. I know that every year they do a President's Pub Crawl which is meant to be awesome and apparently everyone goes, not just 1st years and not just JMU as its so good! As far as i can remember...he also went to a couple of club night type things at the union and there was a fresher's ball with javine making a guest appearance (this might be wrong...seems like ages ago now!). I don't think he went to all the organised events, a lot of it is where you want to go with your new hall and course mates.

ReputationRep:
    my boyf is also at JMU, yeah javine made a guest appearance at last yrs freshers ball! Im off to JMU in sept, heard the pub crawl is amazing! cant wait to start uni! i think freshers week is supposed to be great there!

ReputationRep:
    There'll probably be loads going on!

The presidents pub crawl i think goes to at least 10 different pubs. Last year there was the "shagtag" in the Cooler (the nightclub/bar in the union) which will no doubt be on this year. Also if you're in halls, there'll be the accomodation party which is held in the club Mood, which is in concert square. I think freshers "week" actually lasts for more like 2 weeks all together. It ends with the freshers finale. Last year i think Javine was there and Shola Ama, and somebody else should of been there but didnt turn up- cant remember who though!!

No doubt there'll be something going on up at the union every night. If not you can go into town and go to all the bars in concert square- theres a student night every day of the week! Monday is double vision, which is in Liverpool Uni's union. they have loads of live bands and groups on like girls aloud. To be honest i dont really like double vision though, plus the drinks are quite expensive. The place to be on a monday is Walkabout without doubt!!!! every monday they have games up on the main stage where you can win bottles of champagne. games you'd probly expect to play on 18-30's holidays- if you know what i mean. expect to see some naked bodies!!!!! tuesday is at society. wednesday is called medication which is at Nation- this is my big night of the week!!!! nothing beats the medication cheesy room! haha. Thursday night is at garlands- (and no its not just for gay people!). All these nights you dont really need to get dressed up, i just wear t-shirt, jeans and trainers (not good trainers because when you come out of medication they'll be filthy with people stepping on them accidently). you'll more or less need to show ur student card everywhere during the week, so dont forget to bring it with you whenever you go out (either your NUS card or your white library card). friday, saturday and sunday though you'll need to be dressed smart. ie, no trainers, and sometimes for lads you might not get in some places without a collar (only rarely though). the must place to go to is Baa Baa for cheap drinks and £1 shots any night of the week!

The first week you're at JMU you'll get a schedule where you're with people off your course, and there like get to know you sessions. In that schedule you'll go to the freshers fair where you can sign up to all the different sports etc and buy posters and stuff. You wont have much to do in terms of lessons and stuff, so your best bet is to go and sit in the union and have a drink.

Just a tip aswell if you want discount drinks when you go into scream bar (if your up at mount pleasant- next to the union) make sure that u buy a "yellow card" its only a pound but u get loads of money off drinks! (no doubt i'll b in there- i dont even bother with lessons because i just sit off in there either playin pool, itbox, x-box, teddy grabber machine, or fruit machines!!!!!- I really need to actually work next year! haha)

P.S. JMU is by far better than Liverpool Uni in terms of the social side of uni life! (in my opinion of course!)

ReputationRep:
    Hey im doin adult nursing and my course has been put bak til october shud i still *** down in sept 4 freshers week? Cz my accomodation begins in sept so I mite as well eh? Any 1 else doin nursing at john moore's? wb x

ReputationRep:
    i defo dont think u should miss freshers wk if u can move in accomm in sept! its the beginnin of uni!!!! also the time to meet ppl and help u settle in!!! will be ace! where u livin? Im not doin nursing, im doin business!

ReputationRep:
    freshers week is amazing whatever uni ur at as long as you make the effort to get out there and meet people

ReputationRep:
    wen is freshers week? cz m course doesnt start til october?

ReputationRep:
    Freshers week is great but remember dont go overboard with the drinking and start taking vitamin c and other immune boosting stuff now so youdont fall victim to freshers flu!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tori3)
    i defo dont think u should miss freshers wk if u can move in accomm in sept! its the beginnin of uni!!!! also the time to meet ppl and help u settle in!!! will be ace! where u livin? Im not doin nursing, im doin business!
    Hey Tori! im stayin at atlantic point, wher u livin? r ya scared? :elefant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire_5879)
    Hey Tori! im stayin at atlantic point, wher u livin? r ya scared? :elefant:
    Nope not scared, well ill be nervous wen it gets nearer, but im more excited than anythin rite now! aaaah! im stayin in lennon studios, looked at atlantic point but it was quite far away from my campus, looks nice tho! i cant wait to meet new ppl!

ReputationRep:
    you'll get freshers flu what ever you do even the lecturers get it

ReputationRep:
    i hope i dnt get freshers fru! i prob wil do coz i always get bad hangovas! im gna miss all my m8s wen i go r u guys? :p:

ReputationRep:
    my boyf and none of his flat mates got freshers flu last yr, actually i dont think i kno anybody who has had it! im not too worried about that! if i get it i get it!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Liverpool
    Visits and Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Liverpool
    Visits and Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.