Turn on thread page Beta

What did you find more stressful, year 12 or 13? watch

• View Poll Results: As or A2
    As was worse for me.
    39.02%
    A2 was worse for me.
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    In terms of workload, being prepared for exams, understanding your subjects better, etc.

I've heard from some people that As can be more stressful than A2 because you've got more subjects, it's the first time you've done exams like that and it's hard to get used to.

But then A2 there are things like meeting offers, re sits, but then you'd have a better idea of how you prepare/perform in exams?

ReputationRep:
    A2 so much more harder.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Year 12 was harder, A2 was so much easier, you dont have to do any work till exams. Its in year 13 that i realised it.

ReputationRep:
    A2 was worse because the coursework took so much longer to do. And I hate coursework.

ReputationRep:
    A2 because History and Maths are way harder than AS and you have to do ucas as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nelo Angelo)
    A2 because History and Maths are way harder than AS and you have to do ucas as well
    I do History As and want to take it onto A2.
    What is it that makes it so much harder, IYO?

ReputationRep:
    A2 because its way more independent study and teachers expect you to be more enthusiastic about homwork assignments and 'extra' reading crap
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    A2 was much easier.

ReputationRep:
    A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    I do History As and want to take it onto A2.
    What is it that makes it so much harder, IYO?
    Your standard essay length goes up to 4 minimum pages per essay(you'll be expected to write more though) and you usually have 2 of these per week plus you tend to have to go into way more detail on each one to get a decent mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nelo Angelo)
    Your standard essay length goes up to 4 minimum pages per essay(you'll be expected to write more though) and you usually have 2 of these per week plus you tend to have to go into way more detail on each one to get a decent mark.
    Oh dear. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    year 13 sucks thanks to ucas

ReputationRep:
    A2 is oh so much more stressful and harder. You need to have more understanding of the subjects (especially if you did last minute revision at AS) and then comes to major hurdle of UCAS. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Year 13 = more frees => awesome

ReputationRep:
    A2, awful coursework and lots of illness for me.
    Plusss ucas, personal statements and reality hits you :top:

ReputationRep:
    A2 because I had to learn 80 modules for exams.

ReputationRep:
    AS was harder for me as it was all very new and scary. Wasn't sure how much work to do, what the exams would be like and the step between GCSEs and A levels seemed huge to me - moreso than the step between A levels and Uni so far.

In A2, I had more experience and become familiar with the style and work so it was much more comfortable. Dropping physics helped a lot too

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.