Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about going to tiffin girl school (kingston) for sixth form. If i wanted to take chemistry and biology at AS would i need a seperate GCSE for the two or would i be possibly accepted if ive done core science + additional science.
    Also, do they set up an interveiw as part of the admissions process ?
    thanks !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by totally_tash)
    I was thinking about going to tiffin girl school (kingston) for sixth form. If i wanted to take chemistry and biology at AS would i need a seperate GCSE for the two or would i be possibly accepted if ive done core science + additional science.
    You're out of luck, I'm afraid.

(Original post by Tiffin Girls' School 6th form prospectus)
    7.2 Entry criteria for specific subjects

Note that all of the following apply to students already in Year 11 at Tiffin Girls’ School as well as to external applicants.
    [...]
    7.2.3 Students wishing to study AS biology must have obtained an A or A* in biology GCSE. Students wishing to study AS chemistry must have obtained an A or A* in chemistry GCSE. Students wishing to study AS physics must have obtained an A or A* in physics GCSE. Students that have GCSEs in Core Science and Additional Science are welcome to apply to the sixth form, but only to study non-science subjects. The extended knowledge and skill base that the study of separate science gives is needed in order to study any of the sciences at AS because of the pace and depth of science teaching at A level at The Tiffin Girls’ School, where there are time restrictions of 4 hours teaching per A level science qualification each week (due to budgetary constraints) while the examination boards’ recommendation is 5 hours teaching time per week per A level science qualification.
    thanks !
    It doesn't look like they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by totally_tash)
    thanks !
    I'd really recommend trying though. And yes, they have an interview process if they think you're good enough. You have to remember that it's damn selective, so if you go for it, REALLY go for it.

Does work

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.