Has anyone received their student loan but not their maintenance grant? Watch

booraad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I received my student loan on Oct 5th and my maintenance grant was due in my account on the same day, but it hasn't been paid in. Has anyone had this problem?
Baz1990
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
are you a first year student , i got mine over 2.5 weeks ago
booraad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Baz1990)
are you a first year student , i got mine over 2.5 weeks ago
3rd year student
ASCIIcipher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by booraad)
I received my student loan on Oct 5th and my maintenance grant was due in my account on the same day, but it hasn't been paid in. Has anyone had this problem?
Sounds odd

If you can't login to your account to check the payment dates you could call your LEA and ask them to check the 'view payments' screen on your account to see what has happened to your grant
booraad
Rep:
?
(Original post by ASCIIcipher)
Sounds odd

If you can't login to your account to check the payment dates you could call your LEA and ask them to check the 'view payments' screen on your account to see what has happened to your grant
I can log in to the account, I checked to see the dates using it. I will give them a ring tomorrow morning. It's all a bit odd.
ASCIIcipher
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can log in to the account, I checked to see the dates using it. I will give them a ring tomorrow morning. It's all a bit odd.
I know this may sound like a stupid question but have you checked the total amount of loan and grant to see if that matches your bank statement?

If they are paid on the same day I believe they appear as one payment not two separate payments
booraad
Rep:
?
I know this may sound like a stupid question but have you checked the total amount of loan and grant to see if that matches your bank statement?

If they are paid on the same day I believe they appear as one payment not two separate payments
I have and the money isn't there. Thank you for taking the time to offer advice
x.Crystal.x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Got both maintenance and loan today, its earlyyyyy!! Yay!
neo_2009
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have and the money isn't there. Thank you for taking the time to offer advice
Hmm... you weren't overpaid any grant last year or the year before where you?

If so, the system will not pay you a grant until all of the overpayment has been recovered
oh wow
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Have you checked with student finance that you're put down to have a maintenance grant? I applied for one only to be told months later that I didn't, so had to complete a load more forms, and still havn't got any of it it's horrible. Maybe you should check with them.
Snookercraze
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by oh wow)
Have you checked with student finance that you're put down to have a maintenance grant? I applied for one only to be told months later that I didn't, so had to complete a load more forms, and still havn't got any of it it's horrible. Maybe you should check with them.
I thought if you apply for a tuition fee loan then you are automatically assessed for a maintenance grant. But for a bursary, you have to let them know.
oh wow
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Snookercraze)
I thought if you apply for a tuition fee loan then you are automatically assessed for a maintenance grant. But for a bursary, you have to let them know.
Unless you tell them you don't want a maintenance grant which they believed I did. They messed up a lot this year.
ASCIIcipher
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Snookercraze)
Unless you tell them you don't want a maintenance grant which they believed I did. They messed up a lot this year.
All students can apply for a fee loan and basic maintenance loan but the only way to be assessed for a maintenance grant and any additional maintenance loan is to supply household financial information (usually parent(s) income details if student is under 25)
Snookercraze
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They should have left it to the Local Education Authorities.
Snookercraze
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
All students can apply for a fee loan and basic maintenance loan but the only way to be assessed for a maintenance grant and any additional maintenance loan is to supply household financial information (usually parent(s) income details if student is under 25)
Did that. Phoned them up today and was told that my uni have yet to let the SFE know of my place.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (374)
46.23%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (249)
30.78%
I don't have an opinion (186)
22.99%

Watched Threads