Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you generally find alot of londoners at Leeds uni ? I know uni popullation is varied ..with people from all walks of life ..ect etc...... But I'm asking generally....

I hear good things about the city. Some reckon it offers one of the best student experiences.... Is there some truth to this ??

Londoners that are at LEEDS already....how does the city fair compared to the capital ??

Thanks you all

ReputationRep:
    YES! In my acommodation every other person seems to be from London! I don't mind though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattt)
    YES! In my acommodation every other person seems to be from London! I don't mind though.

That's well kool......Londoners!!!

ReputationRep:
    We don't do it on purpose... bear in mind that statistically speaking, more than 10% of the population of the UK lives in London.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, lots of Londoners come to Leeds.

In my experience, it did take a while to adjust - Leeds is really quite small compared to London (obviously). But I really like being somewhere compact for a change! It still has pretty much everything you need, and its just crawling with students and you feel really part of a community. You couldn't get that at uni in London. And I don't know about you, but whenever I'm back home in London I always go to the same places anyway! So it doesn't really matter that Leeds is smaller and has less selection (don't worry - the selection is still good). I love it here and wouldn't want to go to uni anywhere else.

Obviously I'm moving back to London when I'm done though...he he

ReputationRep:
    Yea tonnes of londoners here and those essex on the periphery of London lots of them too. I guess you get lot of what you get in London minus as bad traffic jams :O haha. Leeds is way way way cheaper too, nightclub nights here compete so much that I go out every Wednesday for 80p Double Vodka Redbulls and £1 for JagaBombs all night at Mezz.

Another good thing is you will see lots of the nightclub chains from London in Leeds, Oceana Tiger Tiger etc + 25mins on a bus and your slap bang in the beautiful countryside in Otley or Ilkley traditional British. With Leeds you can walk everywhere even many walk Headingly to Uni and back.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.