Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently bought "The new NHS: A guide" off amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-NHS-Fund...5285595&sr=8-1

But I realised that it was published in 2006. Has there been loads of changes to the NHS since this daate, and therefore is it worth reading for medical interviews?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would struggle to name one single thing that has truly remained the same. In the last four or five years there have been changes, at least small ones, to almost every aspect of the way the NHS works.

However, you, as an applicant, don't need to know the details of how the NHS has been ****** up, just so long as you know the rough operating structure and have a broad understanding of the problems with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    I would struggle to name one single thing that has truly remained the same. In the last four or five years there have been changes, at least small ones, to almost every aspect of the way the NHS works.
    Dammit! Can anyone recommend me a good new one?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/NHS-handbook...5286945&sr=8-1

What about that? But like Renal said, I don't think they expect us to know the minute details of the ins and outs of the NHS.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 11, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.