Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did it go for every? it was actually quite a nice easy straight forward question, relatively easy finance questions and marketing question. Only one i screwed up i think was the exporting advantages of an increase in the value of the euro. Can some give me an answer. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The paper was relatively easy but I didn't finish the paper so thats 10 marks from the start that I've lost We also got forced to hand in our calculators at the beginning so I couldn't do some of the questions :mad: I was predicted an A* but I don't think its really possible now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by want2know)
    The paper was relatively easy but I didn't finish the paper so thats 10 marks from the start that I've lost We also got forced to hand in our calculators at the beginning so I couldn't do some of the questions :mad: I was predicted an A* but I don't think its really possible now...
    oh well, you still have communications and marketing to go yet, and there was the case study.

ReputationRep:
    Really!? You had to hand in your calculators? How annoying!! :mad: Were we not meant to use calculators then? Not sure how you were meant to do some of the questions without them...

ReputationRep:
    Really!? You had to hand in your calculators? How annoying!! Were we not meant to use calculators then? Not sure how you were meant to do some of the questions without them...
    Exactly. The thing is though we got them taken off us before we went in and then when people found that they couldn't do the questions they asked for a calculator and got one. But I thought we weren't allowed...

ReputationRep:
    hmm the euro one.

It basically meant that they were more expensive so they lost sales that way, so no exports then!
    And also the UK people could simply import from aborad because it was now cheaper. So they could compete less in the UK too.

ReputationRep:
    i said exactly the same above, apart from showing my calculations of how i came to the conclusions, and explained in a bit more detail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja32)
    i said exactly the same above, apart from showing my calculations of how i came to the conclusions, and explained in a bit more detail
    yup so did I. The new price was £187.50 for exporting from the UK and they were charging £200. The export for Europe used to cost E300 for EU companies compared to E375, but now it costs E400 (E25 more than Hedley)

Generally, the smaller questions were easy. However, the larger questions did requrie some intellegance on the part of the candidate, as they were very 'application' - based questions, rather than knowledge. The last one, was more of a advanced common-sense question actually. But, I guess thats good.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for that question where the person was worried she wouldn't recieve her money back that she invested into the business?

I know it sounds easy but I'm just making sure..

ReputationRep:
    I just wrote about how the company had limited liability so she didn't have to help pay off any of the debts accumulated, and that she only lost the money invested in the business.

ReputationRep:
    ^^Well because the company had limited liability her shares and say in the company was now worth nothing, but she would not have to sell any of her personal posessions

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I think I did quite well, but I discovered after the exam that I got limited & unlimited liability the wrong way round, which is probably going to cost me a load of marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe89)
    I think I did quite well, but I discovered after the exam that I got limited & unlimited liability the wrong way round, which is probably going to cost me a load of marks
    lol my business teacher says thats a classic error. Personally I cant make that mistake, never have. I just think of the word 'limited' and link it with limited amount of money you need to pay back when bankrupt..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.