Never felt so ill. :( Watch

felicityx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey,

A couple of days ago i started feeling ill, i had the usual sore throat/runny nose combo, then yesterday i got increasingly worse i couldn't stop sneezing and my throat was so sore and dry. This morning i woke up with a horrid barking/chesty cough which i still have now, i'm absolutely white, theres no colour in my face at all and my throat is in agony and my cold is alsi very bad too. I keep getting pins and needles in my arms too. :s

I carried out the swine flu checker before and it gave me a code to collect some tablets with - i've never felt so ill in my life and the worse thing is i have no one to talk to about it, my mum and dad are in cyprus on holiday and all my flatmates (from Uni) have gone out.

I have my first two lectures tomorow but seriously don't know if i can make it, everytime i move i feel so weak.

Any advice at all would be hugely appreciated. I know none of you are doctors but just talking to someone about it would be great.
Joseph90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by felicityx)
Hey,

A couple of days ago i started feeling ill, i had the usual sore throat/runny nose combo, then yesterday i got increasingly worse i couldn't stop sneezing and my throat was so sore and dry. This morning i woke up with a horrid barking/chesty cough which i still have now, i'm absolutely white, theres no colour in my face at all and my throat is in agony and my cold is alsi very bad too. I keep getting pins and needles in my arms too. :s

I carried out the swine flu checker before and it gave me a code to collect some tablets with - i've never felt so ill in my life and the worse thing is i have no one to talk to about it, my mum and dad are in cyprus on holiday and all my flatmates (from Uni) have gone out.

I have my first two lectures tomorow but seriously don't know if i can make it, everytime i move i feel so weak.

Any advice at all would be hugely appreciated. I know none of you are doctors but just talking to someone about it would be great.
Poor you. :hugs: I had some of the earlier symptoms of swine flu (just a sore throat and cough) and I got the code to obtain medication but I didn't bother.

It sounds much worse. Get a family member/friend to get the medication for you. Don't worry about the lectures. Ring your Uni up and get some rest.
elldee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ring NHS direct ask for advice http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/
unknownking321
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:console: get well soon
hardy_4_paws
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
DONT take tamiflu the side effects are worse then the flu, according to alot of people anyway. Maybe just take some lemsip and stay in bed with a hot water bottle, accept your sick and stay at home tomorrow you can always copy someone else's notes...
Jengerbil89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have a lot of the symptoms but I'm not going to get the tamiflu - Im just going to try and stay hydrated and get a lot of rest.

I feel f'in awful though
ElfManiac
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Apparently the side effects of the tamiflu are worse than the flu itself: nausea, cold sweats, nightmares and even depression. Lots of rest and Lemsip should help a bit.
felicityx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
What should i do about my lectures? should i just email my lecturers and tell them i've got Swine Flu? What if they don't believe me?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (24)
17.27%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (54)
38.85%
Nope, not that interesting (61)
43.88%

Watched Threads