Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to know how much money students had left over from their grants and loans after they graduated? Ta

ReputationRep:
    -£10 000 tbh

you would be in debt

ReputationRep:
    Well, my brother graduated with 8k...and then he went and bought a car with it.

ReputationRep:
    debt is more likely

ReputationRep:
    Actual cash? About £500. You have to spend nearly every penny that comes in. I had a bit left because I had a scholarship.
    But of course I am also 15 grand in debt.

ReputationRep:
    Hardly any

ReputationRep:
    I'm about £35k down after five years.

ReputationRep:
    No debt, about €300 in my bank account. Will probably be about €3,000 in debt by the time I finish my masters though.

ReputationRep:
    Im aiming at about -£18000

Actual cash though, maybe £500, thats if I don't spend all my bursary...

ReputationRep:
    I expect -£17,500.

My Dad pays my rent and I still get the big loan but I want to save £2,000 each year from that which will go into an ISA with some other savings I have. The interest will make it quite big (on top of other savings) then I'll have a little extra to help pay back the loan. Hopefully I'll be making a profit from SFE.

I won't have to use overdrafts I hope.

I'm budgeting to £40 p/week.

£20 of that is for food. The other £20 is for leisure activities including the consumption of Alcohol. The less I go out, the more XBox 360 games and DVDs I can save for.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about 22 grand in debt between my maintenance loan and tutition loan, but I had about 2000 that I'd saved for travelling around Europe, which has all gone now, and that was from savings from my part time job not my loan

ReputationRep:
    -12000 in student loans and -500 in overdraft, leaving me with 500 pounds overdraft to cover me for the last 5 LONG months, just under 2 weeks till I get paid, finally!

ReputationRep:
    My brother graduated with around £10k saved up over the three years after having paid off the debt, he's obsessed with making money so I think he spent more time earning than actually studying...but still ended up with a 2:1 in economics :rant:
    He's now set the benchmark for me to beat or at least match :sigh: I reckon I'll be coming out with around £10-12k debt...good times :borat:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.