Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone out there in Cumbria? Know anyone in Cumbria? watch

ReputationRep:
    Cumbria - Institute of the Arts (up north in Carlisle)

As title really
    Wouldn't mind speaking to someone from the place to get an idea of what its like and such. Even if you dont go there but know a mate who does would it be possible to get in touch them so i can speak to them??
    Email is - [email protected]

Cumbria is my 1st choice for uni and i would love to go there so speaking to someone beforehand would be like foreplay i guess

Seriously, say hello if you go there!

ReputationRep:
    nobody lives in cumbria - it's just a desolate, uninhabitable wasteland, isn't it...?

ReputationRep:
    My grandparents live in carlisle. its crap for shopping. there's lots of beautiful lake district countryside though. Don't really know much more about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    nobody lives in cumbria - it's just a desolate, uninhabitable wasteland, isn't it...?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    Is it anywhere near Cumberland?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figgetyfig)
    My grandparents live in carlisle. its crap for shopping. there's lots of beautiful lake district countryside though. Don't really know much more about it.

When was the last time you visisted Carlisle I wonder?!!

Disagree, I find what's on offer to be wide and varied...it's a nice little city. While I may slate it, you could live in a lot worse places.

The city of Carlisle is quickly becoming recognised as a regional centre, not just for Cumbria but for the north west of England and south west of Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibbsy)
    When was the last time you visisted Carlisle I wonder?!!

Disagree, I find what's on offer to be wide and varied...it's a nice little city. While I may slate it, you could live in a lot worse places.

The city of Carlisle is quickly becoming recognised as a regional centre, not just for Cumbria but for the north west and south west scotland.

Just an observation. but there does seem to be a north-south divide, and in this instance, there seems to be an unhealthy amount of Public School ra-ra's, with bigoted views and plain ignorance to the real world.

Cambridge?! - What!? get over it.

ReputationRep:
    oh :-/
    guess Cumbria is an unknown to many then eh
    ho hum

Its the countryside im looking forward to if i get in up there
    Not getting smashed or buying all kinds of rubbish in the shops but chilling out among the hills and breathing (relatively) fresh air

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.