Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone, apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I was just wondering what funding for an economics masters if you want to do a taught masters rather than a research based one. I am under the impression that most external funding is only awarded to those who intend to stay on to do research and a phd?

    I am a UK student so don't qualify for any overseas awards but I am currently at cambridge doing economics and have very good academic results so far. Any general advice would be greatly appreciated

    I'm pretty sure that's still the case with the EHRC.

    You could see if there are any departmental studentships on offer at the uni you want to go to, though. If you have a good undergrad degree, might be worth looking at.

University open days

  • Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.