Turn on thread page Beta

Say if someone is small, cute, naive makes a lot of mistakes, daydreams and never seems to be on the same wavelength as everyone else and as a result gets referred to in the third person a lot even when they are present? Is it ok to be like this as an adult or is it ridiculous/annoying and they should grow out of it?

ReputationRep:
    You should do what makes you happy.

ReputationRep:
    Depends. If they are trying to be 'cute' and 'naive' and doing it on purpose then it's annoying.
    If not then it's not really anything to critisise.

ReputationRep:
    they should be bummed into cynicism by the reality trout

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    Depends. If they are trying to be 'cute' and 'naive' and doing it on purpose then it's annoying.
    If not then it's not really anything to critisise.
    This.

Btw, OP, why would anyone WANT to be naive? how's that cute?

ReputationRep:
    I think you can be cute no matter how old you are.
    Old people are cute

But cute and easily misled/naive are different things. Naivety should be grown out of during the teenage years.

(Original post by SunOfABeach)
    This.

Btw, OP, why would anyone WANT to be naive? how's that cute?
    Well I don't want to be naive and a bit backward but then a lot of people say I am and I get called cute (cause im small, quiet young looking) which annoyed me. Then I thought well its just how I am so I might as well try and find a positive and I guess my mistakes are better than being boring they make people laugh so at least Im not hated. Then I realised Im getting older and I will just seem pathetic when Im 30 and still myself, but I don't know thats why Im asking. Its not like I can change Ive tried lots of things in social situations but still get referred to in the third person when im present even by family. Ive just given up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Say if someone is small, cute, naive makes a lot of mistakes, daydreams and never seems to be on the same wavelength as everyone else and as a result gets referred to in the third person a lot even when they are present? Is it ok to be like this as an adult or is it ridiculous/annoying and they should grow out of it?
    ^^ You sound just like me! I daydream all the time and I'm far too naive for my age. To be honest, I don't really like reality all that much, which is why I resort to daydreaming. Most people I know are quite used to this and say they wouldn't like me any other way. I suppose it's what makes me me.

You should really embrace your dreaminess and cuteness, emphasise it even, people will come to love and respect you for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgettingWhatsername)
    ^^ You sound just like me! I daydream all the time and I'm far too naive for my age. To be honest, I don't really like reality all that much, which is why I resort to daydreaming. Most people I know are quite used to this and say they wouldn't like me any other way. I suppose it's what makes me me.

You should really embrace your dreaminess and cuteness, emphasise it even, people will come to love and respect you for it.
    Im the same reality sucks.

(Original post by FelicityEllen)
    I think you can be cute no matter how old you are.
    Old people are cute
    It's the incontinence, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like I'd get pretty tired of someone if they were like that permanently and didn't grow out of it. Naivety grows old quick, in my experience. Sometimes you just want someone to catch up, be on the same level.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.