Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It has got to a point where it is just immature and it has lost its real purpose as a television program. In the first year of James may joining it was a good show, but afterwards it has been rubbish.
    Richard Hammond is the only presenter who seems to have the right balance of humor and seriousness on the show.
    I prefer fifth gear.

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

Jeremy Clarkson :rant:

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Clarkson is a ****.

James May and Richard Hammond are cool.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say fifth gear was particularly good - it looks like they're nicking the best ideas of top gear and doing them on the cheap.

Some Top Gear shoots are fantastic - the 'best driving road' or the Corvette, etc. on the salt flats, the Ford Fiesta 'road' test. Some of the challenges, although contrived, have been great viewing - the space shuttle, sailing across to france. But more recently it's just become a collection of stunts, sillyness and setting fire to things - the caravan road trip is possibly the worst offender.

ReputationRep:
    There's something about Top Gear that just depresses me. . .

ReputationRep:
    it's an entertainment show not a car show anymore. As long as you're not expecting a car show, it's good. Otherwise watch fifth gear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Jeremy Clarkson is a ****.

James May and Richard Hammond are cool.
    Well yeah, Clarkson is a prick - But I think May is a bit lame in comparison to the other two :p:
    Richard Hammond though kicks ass all the time. He's just that good :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Clarkson is not a prick at all... Your just all sad acts, who don't appriciate the simple things in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    Well yeah, Clarkson is a prick - But I think May is a bit lame in comparison to the other two :p:
    Wait what's wrong with Clarkson?:p:

ReputationRep:
    I love Clarkson.
    I always feels Hammond isn't naturally funny, as shown by him trying to hard. He's just... unfunny.

But yeah, it's an entertainment show, and as long as it entertains me, I couldn't care less if it has "lost its real purpose".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunOfABeach)
    Wait what's wrong with Clarkson?:p:
    He is somewhat, ******* :p:
    There are some really funny parts to this man , but overall I like Hammond better.

ReputationRep:
    350 Million People watch top gear, so your opinion is in the minority. :p:

(Original post by Stricof)
    :ditto:

I still enjoy it, but not as much since the end of Season 12 :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jon838)
    It has got to a point where it is just immature and it has lost its real purpose as a television program. In the first year of James may joining it was a good show, but afterwards it has been rubbish.
    Richard Hammond is the only presenter who seems to have the right balance of humor and seriousness on the show.
    I prefer fifth gear.
    I hate to admit it but Top Gear has changed a bit in the recent series. It's become much more geared towards being humorous rather than being a serious car show but it still is really good to me.

Fifth Gear though, my god is that boring. It's so lame and I hate the fact that they have about 10 presenters that all have like a 5-10 minute slot each throughout the show. It's just boring as ****.

ReputationRep:
    If you want cars, go to Fifth Gear; if you want to be entertained stay with Top Gear :yep:

EDIT: Fifth Gear is the most ******* boring programme on TV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamski91)
    I love Clarkson.
    I always feels Hammond isn't naturally funny, as shown by him trying to hard. He's just... unfunny.

But yeah, it's an entertainment show, and as long as it entertains me, I couldn't care less if it has "lost its real purpose".
    I couldn't agree with you more. Its quite obvious that a lot of the jokes on the show are scripted, but Clarkson and May pull it off as being genuine, Hammond just seems like he's acting a part of a script a lot of the time.
    Problem is, all his middle/old aged woman fans just can't tell the difference!

Even Clarkson's loud opinionatedness isn't all that bad, you can tell when he's being offensive to someone he's not really being genuine, and if you ever read his blog or books or whatever, you can tell he's actually a genuinely funny, nice guy. (...or so that's what its made out as).

ReputationRep:
    Clarkson is the funniest man on TV. Top gear is the best show on TV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamski91)
    I love Clarkson.

there was one show where Clarkson was talking about 'Bull Semen', which was repeated tonight, which wasn't funny and was inappropriate, otherwise he is a good presenter.

ReputationRep:
    What Thatcher bloke above said. James May is fantastic and you can tell he has a genuine passion for cars and planes etc. Hammond tries too hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjybh)
    What Thatcher bloke above said. James May is fantastic and you can tell he has a genuine passion for cars and planes etc. Hammond tries too hard.
    ... and no-one can screw up and say '****' quite like James May :awesome:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.