Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Greetings!

There's a King's and Birmingham thread around here. Here's one for the UEA applicants! There were only a few applicants last year on TSR. Just for reference, the stats for 2009 entry:

Applied: 1420
    Met Requirements: 1239
    Interviewed: 520
    Offers: 250

Replies

Based on posts in the forums. UEA do sent out acknowledgements; they're very quick to. Ironically, they take their time in inviting applicants for interviews/rejecting them without interviews, so don't expect to hear anything before the start of November.

Interviews:

A user in the NMM forums has got an interview. The interviews usually go on till late in the admissions cycle, so don't worry if you haven't got one. Note that earlier interviews are (generally) for applicants applying through Norwich City Access schemes.

_Andrew_: 18th December
    r4nd0m: 18th December
    toby_ling: 18th December
    xXxBaby-BooxXx: 7th January
    Lost_Cause: 7th January
    nushii: 1st February
    kosmo72: 8th February
    onebleach3: 18th February

Offers:

Rejections:

BTW, a big thank you to Hygeia for contributing to all discussions UEA!

ReputationRep:
    yikes its looking like im going to have a hard time. I wonder how many of the people that met the requirements where actually predicted AAA and not AAB.

ReputationRep:
    ooooh GOD! The stats are scary!

I love UEA though, not optimistic about getting in!

ReputationRep:
    looks hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medstar)

I loveeeeed UEA at the open day...all we can do is wait now. :woo:

When did you get your acknowledgement (e-mail I'm guessing?)? How many days after you submitted your application? - Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockyone2)
    yikes its looking like im going to have a hard time. I wonder how many of the people that met the requirements where actually predicted AAA and not AAB.
    Don't worry about it. As long as you're predicted AAB, you will not be compared with someone with AAA and be rejected on that basis. Ain't happening at UEA buddy - open day. (However, in the unlikeliest of "draws" between two applicants, this can be a potential discriminator - but don't give heed to that)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Funny, I'd say those stats are very optimistic :p:. Considering BSMS has a 16:1 ratio, about 1 in 2 are given an interview at UEA providing they meet the basic requirements. I like those odds! (or am I just being weird )
    Lovedlovedloved UEA at the open day. The med school took a guy from my school for the 2008 cycle, so I'm hoping they notice my application!

P.S. Anyone looking forward to the gigs up there if they get an offer??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by toby_ling)

When did you get your acknowledgement (e-mail I'm guessing?)? How many days after you submitted your application? - Thanks.
    I got the email on the 28th September, and sent my application on the 23rd.

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't sent off my app. But 100% sure i'm applying to UEA, even though i technically don't have the minimum entry requirements for English at GCSE...

ReputationRep:
    Scary Statistics... ARGH!! loool
    Oh well, time to sit and wait i guess

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when they give out interviews roughly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)

This afternoon, I sent my application on the 9th!

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felt_monkey)
    Funny, I'd say those stats are very optimistic :p:. Considering BSMS has a 16:1 ratio, about 1 in 2 are given an interview at UEA providing they meet the basic requirements. I like those odds! (or am I just being weird )
    Lovedlovedloved UEA at the open day. The med school took a guy from my school for the 2008 cycle, so I'm hoping they notice my application!

P.S. Anyone looking forward to the gigs up there if they get an offer??
    Well, u have a point! But BSMS for me is just a pure impossible DREAM! I am in love with than uni but I know there's no chance in hell I'll get in! I just applied based on hope, I actually live on hope!

And if I didn't try I would regret it all my life :o:

But yeah, I guess ur rite, anyways all med uni's stats are pessimistic! so relax!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by -UNKNOWN)
    does anyone know when they give out interviews roughly?
    *checks email* this is all they said:

Due to the volume of applications received the above outlined process will take some time to carry out. We ask for your patience in allowing us to complete the necessary screening procedures for all applicants (approximately 1400). We envisage that candidates that are short-listed for interview will be hearing from us in mid-December 2009.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well, u have a point! But BSMS for me is just a pure impossible DREAM! I am in love with than uni but I know there's no chance in hell I'll get in! I just applied based on hope, I actually live on hope!

And if I didn't try I would regret it all my life :o:

But yeah, I guess ur rite, anyways all med uni's stats are pessimistic! so relax!
    All we can do is cross our fingers . Oh, and work hard... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    If any of you have any questions about UEA let me know

ReputationRep:
    All we can do is cross our fingers . Oh, and work hard... :ninja:
    And count on our luck! I believe luck plays a very big role in it too! :p:

ReputationRep:
    technically you only have to compete with aprox one person for an interview and one for an offer.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    If any of you have any questions about UEA let me know
    Thanks . Is all the accommodation self-catered? Didn't occur to me to ask when I was there :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks . Is all the accommodation self-catered? Didn't occur to me to ask when I was there
    Yep, all self catered though there is a canteen on campus as well as other food places so you don't always have to cook for yourself :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2013

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.