The Student Room Group

University of East Anglia (UEA) Medicine Applicants

Scroll to see replies

toby_ling
Remember though that the £4k scholarship is not only for medical students, so a standard set of criteria will be used (no UKCAT, etc). Therefore, I think the only consideration is A-Level performance (or equivalent).

Yeah, but, surely with it being medicine and that, the vast majority will have AAA ( also, many may have A* grades now), and so surely there must be other variables that they consider?
Reply 601
_Andrew_
Yeah, but, surely with it being medicine and that, the vast majority will have AAA ( also, many may have A* grades now), and so surely there must be other variables that they consider?

Yeah, there must be. It'll probably go to super genii in other subjects (super physicists, etc).
im still waiting after interview (18th /feb)
what are my chances?
cheers to anyone who replies
running1234
im still waiting after interview (18th /feb)
what are my chances?
cheers to anyone who replies

i'm still waiting too... had my interview on the 24th feb... called up admin and they said we should hear after the 12th...

good luck!
I got my feedback today via post. I don't really understand it. You're marked as good/acceptable/insufficient evidence in 5 sections. I got acceptable on all 5 (which is not helpful at all :p:) but it doesn't tell you if there was a cut off or what it is. Does anyone know how it's done? Not that I could've got an interview with just acceptables, I'm just wondering if it was, say, 4 goods and 1 acceptable for an interview.
Reply 605
felt_monkey
I got my feedback today via post. I don't really understand it. You're marked as good/acceptable/insufficient evidence in 5 sections. I got acceptable on all 5 (which is not helpful at all :p:) but it doesn't tell you if there was a cut off or what it is. Does anyone know how it's done? Not that I could've got an interview with just acceptables, I'm just wondering if it was, say, 4 goods and 1 acceptable for an interview.

Just read it again and realised this was for the pre-interview selection stage! I typed two paragraphs explaining how the scoring worked at the interview stage. :s-smilie:

But the system you've described seems quite loose - just three categories to group everyone into?
toby_ling
Just read it again and realised this was for the pre-interview selection stage! I typed two paragraphs explaining how the scoring worked at the interview stage. :s-smilie:

But the system you've described seems quite loose - just three categories to group everyone into?

Yep, just 3 categories. It says it's then standardised and ranked accordingly but it seems very simple and doesn't say what the cut off is :s-smilie:
I've just firmed UEA. Hope to be seeing some of you in September :smile:
Also, does anyone know what to put on Student Finance for:

- Date the course starts
- Term Time address
- Date you'll be moving to term time address

Reply 609
I have firmed UEA too.

Date course starts: 1st Sept from UCAS form
Dunno the other two.
Reply 610
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Also, does anyone know what to put on Student Finance for:

- Date the course starts
- Term Time address
- Date you'll be moving to term time address

From the draft of dates I have access to semester 1 starts on 20th September (I just put 1st September down when I was applying). Moving in day is likely to be the Friday before (but don't hold me to that) but you probably won't find this out until you get your accommodation offer through.
Term time address will depend on which accommodation you get - I don't remember having to fill this in to complete the application, just had everything sent to my parents house for them to forward as required to save having to add this before I knew it. UEA residence addresses
Reply 611
Is anyone else still waiting to hear from UEA? It's a joke...they said middle of march! I emailed them and then they said I would definitely hear 16th April..and I still haven't heard! I just want to know so that I can sort everything out because they are holding everything up :frown:
stephc88
Is anyone else still waiting to hear from UEA? It's a joke...they said middle of march! I emailed them and then they said I would definitely hear 16th April..and I still haven't heard! I just want to know so that I can sort everything out because they are holding everything up :frown:

Hey :smile: I'm still waiting to hear a reply from them also! I've applied for the A104 course and on the sheet they gave us at the end of the interview it said they would reply by the end of March, now April is nearly over! I have a feeling we'll hear by next week, but then again, who knows anymore :frown:
Reply 613
DownWorlder
Hey :smile: I'm still waiting to hear a reply from them also! I've applied for the A104 course and on the sheet they gave us at the end of the interview it said they would reply by the end of March, now April is nearly over! I have a feeling we'll hear by next week, but then again, who knows anymore :frown:

Glad I'm not the only one! lol. I applied for A100. So far they have given 3 different deadlines as to when I'm supposed to hear and I still haven't! I'm hoping they will let us know on Monday...otherwise I will get reallyyy frustrated lol.
Reply 614
stephc88
Glad I'm not the only one! lol. I applied for A100. So far they have given 3 different deadlines as to when I'm supposed to hear and I still haven't! I'm hoping they will let us know on Monday...otherwise I will get reallyyy frustrated lol.

I'm still waiting, although more out of curiosity rather than need. They're still on break (I think), so I assume that's why nothing is happening.
I also have not heard. V nervous atm. When I called them up 2 weeks ago they said my application would be looked at on 12th April and I'd hear within that week. By the end of the week I still heard nothing so called them up, only to be told I will hear by around the 21-22 April.

I will definitely write to them after the whole process is over and complain that they had made my application process a nightmare (irrespective of the decision of my application). With no communication what-so-ever and being more than a month late after the stipulated deadline is just unacceptable for any school.

And yes, I was told the delay was due to the staff concerned being on holiday. However, when I called them up a few days ago they said a decision HAD been made on my application but that they couldn't discuss the results over the phone.

Good luck to all of use who are still waiting. Hopefully we are not waiting to then recieve a rejection!
Reply 616
They're really taking the piss with you guys. They say mid-March and now it's well past mid-April.
Reply 617
Exactly! I'm also waiting for the decision out of curiosity rather than need but it is really holding everything up for me. I think I might write to them too. It's ridiculous. I feel very sorry for anyone waiting who doesn't have any other offers, must be awful. Noone else I know has had to wait this long.
Still silent on the decision front? :-/
Still have heard nothing despite being told last week that a decision has been made on my application and that I'd be hearing my mid-next week (which is today).

On New Media Medicine webboard, a user said that the deadline for decision-making has been pushed back again - now to the end of the month. But I'm waiting to hear the decision that, as I've been told, has already been made.

This is extremely bad of UEA. I'm disappointed :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending