The Student Room Group

I 'slept with' someone from my halls last night

Been at uni for 2 weeks now, last night I went out with some people from my halls who I didn't know but one of them was a guy I added on facebook before I came. I got very drunk when I was out and the night ended in this guy coming back to my room, we had sex, and he went back to his room afterwards. I know I probably shouldn't have done it and he might think badly of me for it but I like the guy and he seems like the sort of person I'd like to get to know better. I don't know where I stand now though, I don't want him to think it was just a drunken mistake that I regret and I don't want it to make things awkward between us. I'm hoping he doesn't just never invite me out again or something like that. Any thoughts or advice on how to approach the situation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
he probably isn't interested...
Well it's quite hard to say that - without knowing the situation - we have no idea really.
You'll have to interact further and scope out!
Reply 3
Anonymous
Been at uni for 2 weeks now, last night I went out with some people from my halls who I didn't know but one of them was a guy I added on facebook before I came. I got very drunk when I was out and the night ended in this guy coming back to my room, we had sex, and he went back to his room afterwards. I know I probably shouldn't have done it and he might think badly of me for it but I like the guy and he seems like the sort of person I'd like to get to know better. I don't know where I stand now though, I don't want him to think it was just a drunken mistake that I regret and I don't want it to make things awkward between us. I'm hoping he doesn't just never invite me out again or something like that. Any thoughts or advice on how to approach the situation?

Text him?
To be honest, while girls like you are good for the one off sex session now and again, most guys would steer clear when it comes to anything more longterm.

Who knows, this guy may be the exception to the rule though!
Reply 5
JohnnytheFox
To be honest, while girls like you are good for the one off sex session now and again, most guys would steer clear when it comes to anything more longterm.

this
JohnnytheFox

a bit too late to say that :rolleyes:
Reply 7
You don't really know what he's after but it isn't a great sign he slept with you then got up, walked out and went back to his room right after. I'm under the impression if a guy wanted anything more than sex he'd stay at least for a while after.
Reply 8
Just see what happens next, then give us another update :smile:
Reply 9
It's doubtful that he will be further interested I'm sorry to say (you never know though, I don't know the guy so I could be wrong). If he scarpered back to his room after the deed then that says it all.

Have you ever heard the saying "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free"?
Reply 10
JohnnytheFox

..but lets be honest, he probably isn't. Harsh, but fair.
JohnnytheFox

thiiis

trust me
Reply 12
What kind of man shags a girl when she is drunk? :awesome:
Reply 13
He just came and went?

Well... he probably has no thought to go further or carry it on as he didn't even stay the night with you. It probably seemed an easy situation to him.
Reply 14
he cum, he conquered, he went.

Sorry, not looking good!
Reply 15
gez_09*
It's doubtful that he will be further interested I'm sorry to say (you never know though, I don't know the guy so I could be wrong). If he scarpered back to his room after the deed then that says it all.

Have you ever heard the saying "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free"?

that is probably the most stupid saying I have ever heard
Reply 16
Philosoraptor
Well it's quite hard to say that - without knowing the situation - we have no idea really.
You'll have to interact further and scope out!

Haven't seen you post in like forever :eek: - looked at your history and noticed you have been hiding away in the medical forum
no chance since he slept with you whilst drunk and also weasled his way out f your room once the buisness was done
Reply 18
JohnnytheFox

I can't stand this attitude. So a guy only wants a relationship with a girl who doesn't have casual sex, even though he has it himself? How horribly hypocritical.
Don't think he thinks what you did was bad, becuase it's not like it was all you. He had sex with you, you're not to blame any more than he is. Chances are he's probably thinking the same as you. Don't put off talking to him cuz the longer you do that the more awkward it'll get.

Latest

Trending

Trending