are any of the IB sciences considered easier than the others, im ok at science but am only taking it for IB cos u have to i think at the school id be going to to do IB there a choice of chem bio and physics and environmental studies (something like that) as ill be doing it as a standard, only to get the points, and as i have to which one, if any is though to be easiest?
Turn on thread page Beta
IB science watch
- Thread Starter
- 17-06-2005 12:54
- 18-06-2005 01:16
Probably Environmental Systems is the easiest, followed by Biology.
- 18-06-2005 01:24
I know Biology at standard level is really easy and covers pretty much what's been covered in gcse level as most of my friends take it (for the same reason as you actually)
- 18-06-2005 22:48
take environmental sciences or if not that i would recommend physics but thats coy i never liked bio even at igcse... basically i think everybody agrees that staying away from chem is best....
- 19-06-2005 05:32
My school doesn't offer Environmental Sciences, but this is how I would class their difficulty.
1. Chemistry HL - Quite difficult - many (difficult) concepts, and facts to remember
2. Biology HL - Difficult - a few (difficult) concepts, huge number of facts to remember
3. Physics HL - Difficult - some (difficult) concepts, few facts - mainly manipulation of formulae
4. Chemistry SL - Moderate - Like HL, but less depth, still the hardest Science SL
5. Physics SL - Moderate-Easy - Manipulation of formulae again, less depth - I'm not well acquainted with this subject
6. Biology SL - Easy - Concepts are not difficult to grasp, facts are far fewer than HL. SL Course can be covered in IB1 - and then IB2 for revision. You're cruisin.
This is all coming from a person who enjoys the sciences. If you particularly hate one of these, they can easily go to the top of the list, as they are (all) not so clear-cut in the stated level of difficulty.