Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hihi. Does anyone know if there's some sort of process for extremely large packages incoming? I'm planning on getting my drumkit sent up to the uni and I was just wondering if it would be the same deal of getting it from the post room or if it will be too big and go somewhere else or something?

ReputationRep:
    your best bet would be to go and ask if there is anything and if it has arrived they will take you to where they put it.

and if you plan on playing drums anywhere near shugborough you can **** right off lol

ReputationRep:
    If you are not in the postman might put a note somewhere to say collect from the sorting office.

ReputationRep:
    Theyll probably send it to the accommodation office if its huge. They usually store parcels which have come after 2PM there... Not sure if they'd lift a drum kit to Aston common room :P

ReputationRep:
    Okie thanks for the replies. And don't worry about noise, it's only an electric kit. :P

ReputationRep:
    they had my router in the accommodation office when it got delivered, and mr johns pc (in bits) in the post room. and my router is no where near as big as a tower unit lol.

ReputationRep:
    if ur expecting something huge just ask the accomodation office to keep it there if you can supply a tracking number for it. one of the guys in yarlet current has a big bean bag chair in the office waiting for him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lderan)
    they had my router in the accommodation office when it got delivered, and mr johns pc (in bits) in the post room. and my router is no where near as big as a tower unit lol.
    Why can't PCs self assemble? Nah, that takes the fun out of it

ReputationRep:
    So if I order something from amazon/play.com and put the uni address on, will it automatically be delivered to the accomm office or would i need to put that on the address separately?

Just about to order a few things.

ReputationRep:
    if you dont put your name and room number on it may just get instantly returned to sender

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I meant as well as name, accomm block and room number, would it go to a central mail room at uni or accomm office?

Not had any mail so far so no idea of the process of receiving mail.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.