Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have an idea of what they would be?
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon123)
    Does anybody have an idea of what they would be?
    cheers
    Roghly 80% A*, 65-75% A, around 50% B and i dunno lower than that

ReputationRep:
    Is Edexcel way easier than AQA and OCR or something cos my teacher told me it was 90% for an A*.........but AQA last year was only about 75% and it sounds like OCR's lower too.....

ReputationRep:
    I posted a similiar message yesterday and got told its 75% for a C on foundation which I think is a bit high. I would think around 65% for C on OCR foundation and 45-50% on higher for a C.

ReputationRep:
    I got 38 on my coursework. I don't have a clue what it was out of or what grade it is. So can you tell me. OCR is the exam board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I hate skool)
    I got 38 on my coursework. I don't have a clue what it was out of or what grade it is. So can you tell me. OCR is the exam board.
    If it's marked the same as ours then each component is out of 30 and they can be added or averaged to give a mark out of 60 or 90......i'm assuming ur mark is out of 60 so on higher tier that would give u about a C...but don't quote me on this cos i do Edexcel....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gothic pixie)
    If it's marked the same as ours then each component is out of 30 and they can be added or averaged to give a mark out of 60 or 90......i'm assuming ur mark is out of 60 so on higher tier that would give u about a C...but don't quote me on this cos i do Edexcel....
    All I Know is I done 3 pieces of coursework. So 38 must be the average of all 3 pieces. Cos I remember it only being 34 before I done my last bit then it got pushed up to 38. I'm sure I can remember my teacher saying 40 as a B. Anyway I don't think it matters if you are doing higher of foundation cos all the coursework does is bring your overall grade up ar down. I done foundation so if 38 is a high C I really need a C on the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I hate skool)
    All I Know is I done 3 pieces of coursework. So 38 must be the average of all 3 pieces. Cos I remember it only being 34 before I done my last bit then it got pushed up to 38. I'm sure I can remember my teacher saying 40 as a B. Anyway I don't think it matters if you are doing higher of foundation cos all the coursework does is bring your overall grade up ar down. I done foundation so if 38 is a high C I really need a C on the exam.
    That's not how it works, unless you're doing triple award, in which case all three sciences are separated. In double however it's more complicated. You have 4 strands in each piece of coursework (planning, obtaining evidence, conclusion and evalutation I think). What they do is they pick the strands with the highest marks out of all three courseworks and combine these to get an overall mark out of 60 for the coursework component. e.g. if you get 8/8 in the planning of bio and chem, but only 7/8 in phy; they choose bio and chem, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    well last year's exam

68/96 was a high A
    47/96= a C
    49/96= a B

so im interpreting this as
    51% is B
    61% is an A
    and probz about 72%-75% is an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComebackQueen)
    well last year's exam

68/96 was a high A
    47/96= a C
    49/96= a B

so im interpreting this as
    51% is B
    61% is an A
    and probz about 72%-75% is an A*
    The papers i've been doin are out of 66! lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.