A* Watch

This discussion is closed.
zhivago
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im defo getin an A* in BIO, CHEM, HISTORY and ICT
Hmmm...not definite is it? I'm not a fan of all these people spurting out that they've definitely starred a subject or whatever, it just comes across as arrogance. By all means, you've probably got an A*, not definitely.
packupthemoon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by henryt)
Why does Art have to be so hard?

Plus, what annoys me is that people who are genuinely talented at Art, but are under-resourced, or arty-language-illiterate can't get A*s in the subject...

Hmpf. One of many exams which I don't like for being designed badly (and perhaps for being the one subject where I'm not predicted an A* :p: )
I totally agree! Two of my best subjects, Art and Textiles, both have like 96% A* rates, which is just plain mean, especially when you look at maths or something. I was predicted an A*, but I reeally doubt I'm going to get it, since my coursework was an A. Actually, isn't it now impossible? Oh dear.

Back onto topic: I would be really upset if I missed my A*'s in Maths, RE and Double science, and I'm really hoping for them in Textiles and Spanish.
motoroller
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i dont do gnvq!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am getting 26. A*. Top 5 in 19 Subjects. A Gold Medal, A Plack, a statue made in my name, and 14 A Levels (all done early, becuase supposedly - im so clever) (o and, I know this goes without saying around here but ,of course, I am getting 14 As at Alevel)

I have already applied to Oxbridge, because that is ALL I can talk about and will keep asking 'do you think I can get in with these?' - in that usual egotistical way - we all love. O and of course, I have no idea what Oxbridge is like, but, you know, I've got nothing else to talk about, so I might as well. (It might make me look cleverer than all those other All A* "Predicted" Grade People )

I want to talk about the most popular course, just to show people that I can get in. Of Course.

Who am I?

Im, Mr StudentRoom GCSE
henryt
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well - you definitely don't deserve one for spelling - I think you mean "plaque" (unless you are American . That, however, doesn't seem likely - because Newport is in Wales:p: )...
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well - you definitely don't deserve one for spelling - I think you mean "plaque" (unless you are American . That, however, doesn't seem likely - because Newport is in Wales:p: )...
And you don't deserve one for Geography, because Newport is also a town in Rural Shropshire :p: And, I like Americanisms. O, and I was being sarcastic :eek:
henryt
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, if you didn't pick up the hints - I was also being sarcastic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, if you didn't pick up the hints - I was also being sarcastic .

what, by critizing (more Americanism for you ) my spelling, strange form of sarcasm there :confused:
henryt
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Obviously I did it a little subtley -

I knew you were joking (obviously you had to be a fool, or very gullible to believe whatever you said), so I was also "joking" around:p:.

Sorry - my jokes usually aren't particularly good - I have an awful sense of humour - doesn't matter :p:
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Obviously I did it a little subtley -

I knew you were joking (obviously you had to be a fool, or very gullible to believe whatever you said), so I was also "joking" around:p:.

Sorry - my jokes usually aren't particularly good - I have an awful sense of humour - doesn't matter :p:
lol ok. My jokes are just usually making a point at things which annoy me. (As in the Mr zillionA* ego Society)
theabominable
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
vazzyb does have a point, anyone can say anything on the internet...
soulsussed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LouisaG)
I totally agree! Two of my best subjects, Art and Textiles, both have like 96% A* rates, which is just plain mean, especially when you look at maths or something. I was predicted an A*, but I reeally doubt I'm going to get it, since my coursework was an A. Actually, isn't it now impossible? Oh dear.

Back onto topic: I would be really upset if I missed my A*'s in Maths, RE and Double science, and I'm really hoping for them in Textiles and Spanish.
In art your coursework will be an A even if you got full marks, same for graphics but I'm not sure about textiles. This is because everything gets added together to a final mark (exam added) and then that is compared with the rest of the population. Then they set the boundry for A* so that only so many % of the population gets it. So teachers at my school say they can't predict A*'s. It's still possible for you to get one.
flipflop2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zhivago)
Hmmm...not definite is it? I'm not a fan of all these people spurting out that they've definitely starred a subject or whatever, it just comes across as arrogance. By all means, you've probably got an A*, not definitely.
I admit i am over confident in them :rolleyes: . But i spent looooooads of time studying for them and i found the exams quite easy also.
cinderella1288
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zhivago)
No, i think that it is possible to be 100% sure that you've got A*s in some subjects.
The Colonel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cinderella1288)
No, i think that it is possible to be 100% sure that you've got A*s in some subjects.
Yes There Is One Way:
You've already taken it, otherwise you cannot be sure
Funkymonk
Report 13 years ago
I know what you're saying but I wouldn't call it being sure, more like being confident. You can never be sure of what the future holds.
cinderella1288
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by The Colonel)
Yes There Is One Way:
You've already taken it, otherwise you cannot be sure
LOL! no, seriously, i mean with subjects that you took this year and haven't got the results back for , it is definitely possible to be sure you got an A*. i mean, you know if you got the right answers, don't you?
WantA*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I want to get 6/7 A*'s but I dont think I have got it. I have 4 days to revise for Triple Science exams so im going to try and bag an A* in Bio/Chem. Hmmm...alot of people reckon they'll DEFO get A*'s...do I sense a little over confidence???
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by WantA*)
I want to get 6/7 A*'s but I dont think I have got it. I have 4 days to revise for Triple Science exams so im going to try and bag an A* in Bio/Chem. Hmmm...alot of people reckon they'll DEFO get A*'s...do I sense a little over confidence???
bio and chem are easy - just look at the syllabus!
The Colonel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LOL! no, seriously, i mean with subjects that you took this year and haven't got the results back for , it is definitely possible to be sure you got an A*. i mean, you know if you got the right answers, don't you?
You can think you got the right answers BUT in subjects like maths you could have made little errors so even if you know the mthod you couild ghave got the answer wrong. On top of this nobody know the grade boundaries yet.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads