The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

WELL DONE!!!! you must be on top of the world right now, i'm so happy for you :biggrin:
louloulabam
It's quite exciting to see people are going to be at UEA on the 14th - me too! Although I do have a question - I'm coming from London so my parents are giving me a lift, but what do I do with them when I get there?! Is there like a special parent creche that we can leave them at for a few hours, or do they come in, or just does anyone know? :smile: Thanks!

i can't wait to see you all! i'm wearing a grey silk frilly top with high waisted trousers, so come and say hi! ha yeah same, my dad's giving me a lift up there, but i'll probably just leave him in the student union cause he's taking his laptop so he can work and mingle with the students :wink: ha
Reply 302
zanzapan
they said they would get in touch within a couple of weeks, sheffield is my first choice so i am going to be on edge until i hear back! hahah

I have applied to UCL, Reading, Manchester and Newcastle, and I have offers from all of them :smile: how about you?

Aw wow, well done! I've applied to Manchester, Manchester met, Leeds met & Sheffield. So far i have an offer from Manchester, a questionnaire (which i really need to do!) from Man met, and then my interview at Sheffield on tuesday. Sheffield is my first choice, well it will be if i get an offer, but i really like Manchester as well & it's nice and close to home for me!
Let me know if you hear anything from Sheffield, fingers crossssed! x
Reply 303
Annaaa
Aw wow, well done! I've applied to Manchester, Manchester met, Leeds met & Sheffield. So far i have an offer from Manchester, a questionnaire (which i really need to do!) from Man met, and then my interview at Sheffield on tuesday. Sheffield is my first choice, well it will be if i get an offer, but i really like Manchester as well & it's nice and close to home for me!
Let me know if you hear anything from Sheffield, fingers crossssed! x

Sheffield is fab, so many people want to go there, no wonder it is so competitive! Good luck!

PhoenixFortune
I JUST GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FROM UCP MARJON! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! :woo:

They just need to see my A level certificates, then it's all sorted!

I am the happiest person on all of TSR right now! :biggrin:

OMG WELL DONE!! thats sooooooo good, :smile:
Reply 304
PhoenixFortune
I JUST GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FROM UCP MARJON! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! :woo:

They just need to see my A level certificates, then it's all sorted!

I am the happiest person on all of TSR right now! :biggrin:

Wheeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy congratulations! I'm really happy for you :smile: I know how much you wanted that. At least you're all sorted for Christmas now. Haven't got to sit around worrying or anything :smile: woop woooop.

bumblebee111191
i can't wait to see you all! i'm wearing a grey silk frilly top with high waisted trousers, so come and say hi! ha yeah same, my dad's giving me a lift up there, but i'll probably just leave him in the student union cause he's taking his laptop so he can work and mingle with the students :wink: ha

Ohh yeahh UEA interview on Monday. Best of luck with that! I'm sure you'll be fine. You must update us and let us know how it went :smile:
Reply 305
Urghhhh. "The status of your UCAS application has changed and you can view what has changed on the UCAS website" . . .

I can't get onto Track! I think the website is down. How frustrating. I got an email from Leeds Met shortly afterwards however about Bursary information, so it could be from them :smile: but I don't want to get my hopes up :frown: it could be a rejection.
Dumpling
Urghhhh. "The status of your UCAS application has changed and you can view what has changed on the UCAS website" . . .

I can't get onto Track! I think the website is down. How frustrating. I got an email from Leeds Met shortly afterwards however about Bursary information, so it could be from them :smile: but I don't want to get my hopes up :frown: it could be a rejection.

i know, i just went to check and it was down! :frown:

if the email was about bursary info it most probably is an offer? good luck any way (:
Dumpling
Wheeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy congratulations! I'm really happy for you :smile: I know how much you wanted that. At least you're all sorted for Christmas now. Haven't got to sit around worrying or anything :smile: woop woooop.

Thank you :biggrin: When I got the email saying my Track had updated I thought: "How could they reject me so close to Christmas?" but actually it turned out to be the best Christmas present ever!

Dumpling

I bet you've got an offer! I'm sure Track will be up again soon, UCAS is supposedly to update it at 12.
Reply 308
hello everybody, ive got an unconditional offer from reading after doing that crappy questionnaire, ive sent off the manchester questionnaire but not heard back from them, havent done the manchester met questionnaire yet because it looks like a ballache and im not too fussed about going there, ive got an email from leeds met about bursarys but thats it, and ive got an interview at uea on 14th in the afternoon. uea and reading are my top choices mainly because uea is close by and ive got friends there already, and reading just because ive got in really. i visited it before and wasnt too impressed but maybe things have changed in the last 2 years!
Reply 309
Hi all :smile: After my earlier post I've decided to apply to Reading, Sheffield, UEA, Marjon and possibly Newcastle, having not seen any of them but have done a lot of research! I'm quite near Reading and would rather go somewhere a bit different though! I'm just waiting for the PS Helpers to help me with my personal statement, not sure that it's quite up to scratch and it's a bit different trying to write it when you haven't just left college and also waiting on my reference! I just want to get it sent off!

Well done to everyone that's receiving offers!!
LooCee
Hi all :smile: After my earlier post I've decided to apply to Reading, Sheffield, UEA, Marjon and possibly Newcastle, having not seen any of them but have done a lot of research! I'm quite near Reading and would rather go somewhere a bit different though! I'm just waiting for the PS Helpers to help me with my personal statement, not sure that it's quite up to scratch and it's a bit different trying to write it when you haven't just left college and also waiting on my reference! I just want to get it sent off!

Well done to everyone that's receiving offers!!

Hey! What's your firm and insurance from what you know of them so far? Apparently Sheffield is really good for Speech Sciences, and Reading has a nice countryside campus. I never went to see UEA and Newcastle as they are too far away from me, so I can't tell you about them. I just got an unconditional from Marjon and I've been there once already, so if you have any questions about that, feel free to ask. :smile:
Reply 311
hi everyone!
I've got an interview at Sheffield for speech science on Monday (the 14th) and I'm so nervous as I so want to go there! Anyone else got one then? Good luck everyone xx
Reply 312
PhoenixFortune
Hey! What's your firm and insurance from what you know of them so far? Apparently Sheffield is really good for Speech Sciences, and Reading has a nice countryside campus. I never went to see UEA and Newcastle as they are too far away from me, so I can't tell you about them. I just got an unconditional from Marjon and I've been there once already, so if you have any questions about that, feel free to ask. :smile:

I really have to say that I'm not sure! I quite like the sound of UEA and I've visited Sheffield uni in the past (got accepted to do English Language and linguistics there when I applied at 18 but my heart wasn't in it at that time so withdrew my ucas application) and really liked it then so it would probably be between those two, though I'm hoping to visit any that I get offers from. I already have three A-levels at ABB so I'm hoping that if I get any offers they'll be unconditional so I can go and investigate and I'll just have to pick the one that I want to go to! I'm not sure about applying to Newcastle just because it's really really far away.

What did you think of Marjon? I do quite like the sound of it, but I can't find out much about the place or the course, other than the fact that it's quite small (which I have to say worries me when it comes to the social side) and I've read some good reviews of the course from a few other members here. I've also heard it has a big rep for sports and they're the only societies available, I'm not a big sports person! :s-smilie: But I'm 22 and I've heard that they do have a fair amount of students over the age of 21 so that's also nice to hear, but I have to say I'm probably less mature now than I was at 18!!! :biggrin:
LooCee
What did you think of Marjon? I can't find out much about the place or the course, other than the fact that it's quite small (which I have to say worries me when it comes to the social side) and I've read some good reviews of the course from a few other members here. I've also heard it has a big rep for sports and they're the only societies available, I'm not a big sports person! :s-smilie: But I'm 22 and I've heard that they do have a fair amount of students over the age of 21 so that's also nice to hear, but I have to say I'm probably less mature now than I was at 18!!! :biggrin:

It really is small, there's only 3000 students! It's on the outskirts of Plymouth too so it's quite quiet. When I went to the open day, they said there are 50 places on SLT, but they get loads of drop outs in the first semester (mostly people who can't keep up with the workload). There's also lots of placements and patient contact. The girl who showed me around was in her third year and she said there was a 45 year old in her year! The societies at Marjon are the Christian Union and Sports societies, but Marjon students can also join societies run by the University of Plymouth.
lauraslw
hello everybody, ive got an unconditional offer from reading after doing that crappy questionnaire, ive sent off the manchester questionnaire but not heard back from them, havent done the manchester met questionnaire yet because it looks like a ballache and im not too fussed about going there, ive got an email from leeds met about bursarys but thats it, and ive got an interview at uea on 14th in the afternoon. uea and reading are my top choices mainly because uea is close by and ive got friends there already, and reading just because ive got in really. i visited it before and wasnt too impressed but maybe things have changed in the last 2 years!

so have you already got your a-levels then? and well done on your offers! my uea interview's on monday but it's in the morning!
Reply 315
i'm starting to get nervous for my UEA interview on monday!!
anyone else!?

and does anyone know the kind of questions they will ask?

:smile:
yeah me too, i don't have an interview yet, but just wondering what kind of things they'll ask? maybe to see what kind of people person you are? how dedicated to the course you will be?
Reply 317
bumblebee111191
so have you already got your a-levels then? and well done on your offers! my uea interview's on monday but it's in the morning!

yeah im on my 2nd gap year and im really glad i took the time out.ive got an A and 3 B's for A levels. what u thinking about the uea interview? nervous? im not sure what they are going to ask!
Reply 318
In my previous interviews I've had, [I have had two, UCL and Sheffield] they seem to ask about work experiance the most!
I've just found out what vaccinations SLT students need to have, just thought I'd post them.

You need to have had (or have during your first year): MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), BCG (Tuberculosis), Tetanus, Polio (drops or injection), and the Hep B course (up to 4 injections!).

I'm as yet not sure whether the H1N1 (Swine Flu) vaccination is compulsory.

I was lucky enough to have the BCG jab at school, but the year after I had it, it was discontinued at my school, I'm not sure whether it was the same everywhere.

It's looks like a lot doesn't it?! I only need the Hep B course and possibly the H1N1 jab.

Latest