Turn on thread page Beta

People who have had an eating disorder watch

Did you end up with hollow under eyes and nasolabial folds from the weight loss? I'm over my disorder now but I haven't returned to my normal weight yet, I'm wondering if these things will go away when I have more fat in my face?

ReputationRep:
    It goes away eventually, but you've got to eat the right healthy kinds of foods, like proteins and complex carbs. Basically look at the food wheel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanessa44)
    It goes away eventually, but you've got to eat the right healthy kinds of foods, like proteins and complex carbs. Basically look at the food wheel.
    Anything that doesn't come in the "bucket" portion and is green is your friend.

bump

ReputationRep:
    I still have hollows under my eyes. I suspect I always will though I really hope not.

(Original post by thatone)
    I still have hollows under my eyes. I suspect I always will though I really hope not.
    Are you still underweight?

ReputationRep:
    it does go away (: the dark circles havent yet, but my face has filled out again (: i promise, it's so worth the pain and difficulty of recovering (:

gain weight, and it goes away.

except when you go from anorexia to bulimia, you get lots of other problems..

i hope you can recover... obviously, i cant.

i want to kill myself. right now. so much.

sorry, its just all this has really brought it home.
    im sorry,.
    seriously good luck though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Are you still underweight?
    Ever so slightly, I think. I don't think I look underweight but I think my bmi is low.

ReputationRep:
    You know what, I never knew that was why. I mean, I have the folds and the bags under my eyes all the time no matter how much I sleep but I never knew the two were linked.

Although I was only a stone and a half underweight, I was really skinny but I wasn't get-put-in-hospital skinny. I mean, my doctor told me to gain and I had to be watched at every meal to make sure I ate it till I put the weight back on but... meh. Nice to know my issues with my face are my own fault

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.