Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My sixth form had a really anal dress code (suit and tie) that was really strictly enforced. We all resented it at the time, but now I'm at uni I kind of miss wearing it now!!

Anyone else miss dressing sharp?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    your sixth form had a dress code?!?! HAHA, although it is nice to occasionally "SUIT UP"!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing's stopping you wearing a suit now. Go on. I dare ya. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    What job do you want to do? You'll probably be wearing a suit again like that *snaps fingers*

Enjoy being casual while you can. Uni goes very quickly (so I've heard)

ReputationRep:
    What was the dress code for the girls?
    And aw, you could always wear a suit around uni... you may get a few odd looks though lol.

ReputationRep:
    Wear a suit now.

Sexy as. :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    What job do you want to do? You'll probably be wearing a suit again like that *snaps fingers*

Enjoy being casual while you can. Uni goes very quickly (so I've heard)
    Yeah I'd imagine I'll probably end up wearing one - and then it'll seem like a drag again!

Girls dress code was suits or "professional attire" but it was far less enforced than for boys... they could get away with a lot more. For us having a tie loose was a major offence!

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Its more comfy to wear my own clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Do it!
    I'd hit it
    multiple times
    at full force.

Yes indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robodude789)
    your sixth form had a dress code?!?! HAHA, although it is nice to occasionally "SUIT UP"!
    Good old Barney: legend - and I enjoy wearing suit and tie at the moment to college, mainly because its in the city so I feel like I blend in a bit with the business people etc...

ReputationRep:
    I used to have to wear a suit for sixth form. We weren't allowed trouser suits, but otherwise any skirt suit (so long as it was of a respectable length) was allowed. I loved it! We all used to feel so grown up :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wear it if you really want to, I've seen quite a few people in my lectures in suits. I don't miss them

ReputationRep:
    Aw, I used to have to wear a suit for sixth-form, and I miss it.

The other day I wore a suit for uni (I had a job interview and no time to change inbetween) and I got several very strange looks. Especially since most people were wearing hoodies and were obviously hung-over.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I liked wearing a suit because i looked so good (had some great looking shirts), but going to lectures in trackies is wayyyy to comfortable to miss.

ReputationRep:
    You talk as if you're not allowed to wear a suit now

ReputationRep:
    Nothing I miss less

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes wear a blazer to lectures.

But, looking at what other people wear I feel like I'm over dressing. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarcoB)
    My sixth form had a really anal dress code (suit and tie) that was really strictly enforced. We all resented it at the time, but now I'm at uni I kind of miss wearing it now!!

Anyone else miss dressing sharp?:confused:
    No, not at all.

I had to wear a suit for 6th form, then when I came to uni I got a part time job at John Lewis so I had to once again wear a suit. I now have a different job that I just wear trousers and a shirt to, but I WISH I could just wear casual clothes.

Don't get me wrong, there are some VERY nice suits out there, I just don't really like wearing suits. I have absolutely no reason to wear a suit except for weddings and funerals now, so why bother spending lots of money on a lovely suit when it will just gather dust in my closet?

And you would look like a total douche wearing a suit to uni :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castelbajac)
    Aw, I used to have to wear a suit for sixth-form, and I miss it.

The other day I wore a suit for uni (I had a job interview and no time to change inbetween) and I got several very strange looks. Especially since most people were wearing hoodies and were obviously hung-over.
    That happened to me the other day actually, went to lectures still in my suit. I had kept my tie on, but loosened it a bit. All I got were comments, either from girls who'd say how "dapper" i looked and would come over and start tightening my tie again, or from guys asking what I was doing still wearing it!!?

It amazes me how much interest it can provoke!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.