The Student Room Group
your sixth form had a dress code?!?! HAHA, although it is nice to occasionally "SUIT UP"!
Reply 2
Nothing's stopping you wearing a suit now. Go on. I dare ya. :mmm:
Reply 3
What job do you want to do? You'll probably be wearing a suit again like that *snaps fingers*

Enjoy being casual while you can. Uni goes very quickly (so I've heard)
Reply 4
What was the dress code for the girls?
And aw, you could always wear a suit around uni... you may get a few odd looks though lol.
Reply 5
Wear a suit now.

Sexy as. :drool:
Reply 6
O-Ren
What job do you want to do? You'll probably be wearing a suit again like that *snaps fingers*

Enjoy being casual while you can. Uni goes very quickly (so I've heard)

Yeah I'd imagine I'll probably end up wearing one - and then it'll seem like a drag again! :s-smilie:

Girls dress code was suits or "professional attire" but it was far less enforced than for boys... they could get away with a lot more. For us having a tie loose was a major offence!
Reply 7
Nope. Its more comfy to wear my own clothes.
Reply 8

Spoiler

Reply 9
robodude789
your sixth form had a dress code?!?! HAHA, although it is nice to occasionally "SUIT UP"!

Good old Barney: legend - and I enjoy wearing suit and tie at the moment to college, mainly because its in the city so I feel like I blend in a bit with the business people etc...
Reply 10
I used to have to wear a suit for sixth form. We weren't allowed trouser suits, but otherwise any skirt suit (so long as it was of a respectable length) was allowed. I loved it! We all used to feel so grown up :p:
Wear it if you really want to, I've seen quite a few people in my lectures in suits. I don't miss them :frown:
Aw, I used to have to wear a suit for sixth-form, and I miss it.

The other day I wore a suit for uni (I had a job interview and no time to change inbetween) and I got several very strange looks. Especially since most people were wearing hoodies and were obviously hung-over.
I liked wearing a suit because i looked so good (had some great looking shirts), but going to lectures in trackies is wayyyy to comfortable to miss.
You talk as if you're not allowed to wear a suit now :colonhash:
Reply 15
Nothing I miss less
I sometimes wear a blazer to lectures.

But, looking at what other people wear I feel like I'm over dressing. :erm:
Reply 17
MarcoB
My sixth form had a really anal dress code (suit and tie) that was really strictly enforced. We all resented it at the time, but now I'm at uni I kind of miss wearing it now!! :s-smilie:

Anyone else miss dressing sharp?:confused:

No, not at all.

I had to wear a suit for 6th form, then when I came to uni I got a part time job at John Lewis so I had to once again wear a suit. I now have a different job that I just wear trousers and a shirt to, but I WISH I could just wear casual clothes.

Don't get me wrong, there are some VERY nice suits out there, I just don't really like wearing suits. I have absolutely no reason to wear a suit except for weddings and funerals now, so why bother spending lots of money on a lovely suit when it will just gather dust in my closet?

And you would look like a total douche wearing a suit to uni :sadnod:
Reply 18
Castelbajac
Aw, I used to have to wear a suit for sixth-form, and I miss it.

The other day I wore a suit for uni (I had a job interview and no time to change inbetween) and I got several very strange looks. Especially since most people were wearing hoodies and were obviously hung-over.

That happened to me the other day actually, went to lectures still in my suit. I had kept my tie on, but loosened it a bit. All I got were comments, either from girls who'd say how "dapper" i looked and would come over and start tightening my tie again, or from guys asking what I was doing still wearing it!!?

It amazes me how much interest it can provoke!

Latest