Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm new to the forum

I am currently in my last year of high school at an international school outside of the UK. Stupidly I decided not to do the IB Diploma, which I regret terribly, but I'm taking quite a few IB classes including HL English, SL Math Studies, SL French and SL Bio. I got a 4 in Biology last year but a 7 in French and so I'm continuing French at an HL level this year.
    I expect a 7 for Maths, and am really really hoping for a 6 in English.. I've taken the SATs and scored quite well on them, but I'm planning on taking them again.

What would my chances be of getting into Kings? I realize they require the IB Diploma, so I was also thinking of applying for the International Foundation Program.

I'm also looking into UCL, Kingston, Roehampton and Royal Holloway..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you need a complete diploma, perhaps the foundation programe will help. IMO your only chance..

Don't even think about Kingston, you will not like it there

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's what I figured, for both UCL and King's.. Is the program for non-English speakers though? Because I'm fluent in English and I've been to London many times, so it's not foreign to me.. worried I might feel out of place

Thanks so much! And I'll take your advice about Kingston, I was a bit hesitant to be honest lol

ReputationRep:
    Why not try to ace your current high school diploma, you have IB certificates as a compliment to your application. If that's not enough, just do the full IB (don't see this as two wasted years, it's not, at least you dont have compulsory military service like boys do), or take the extra subjects required to complete your diploma- EE, TOK, a social science.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's too late to take up the diploma a year in.. I'll work on getting the grades I need for Math and English, hopefully that + a good SAT score and good GPA will help. If not, maybe take the foundation course.. really really wish I'd done the diploma!

thanks for your help though Do you like it at King's?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 14, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.