Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did my A-Levels last year and I got a D for media=O, god knows how that happened.
    Anyways, Ive paid to resit a module a few weeks ago so I can get it up to a C. The thing is after some research I found out im only 2 marks away from the C. Is it really worth sitting a 2 hour exam for 2 marks or do you think it would be best if I added a bit more to my coursework and resent it? And does anyone know if I can actually still resubmit coursework?
    Thanksssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    I did my A-Levels last year and I got a D for media=O, god knows how that happened.
    Anyways, Ive paid to resit a module a few weeks ago so I can get it up to a C. The thing is after some research I found out im only 2 marks away from the C. Is it really worth sitting a 2 hour exam for 2 marks or do you think it would be best if I added a bit more to my coursework and resent it? And does anyone know if I can actually still resubmit coursework?
    Thanksssss
    It's worth it. I got DAA for Media at AS and I retook the D getting a C. That brought my overall grade up to an A at AS.

Got a B at A-level though lol.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if you do resit,instead of getting a C you might end up with a B or even an A! which would really boost up ur confidence and will look great on ur application. If you dont enjoy media studies then dont repeat it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samalama)
    It's worth it. I got DAA for Media at AS and I retook the D getting a C. That brought my overall grade up to an A at AS.

Got a B at A-level though lol.
    But dont you think making my coursework 2 marks better would be a lot easier than revising and resitting an exam? I deffinatly want to get my grade up to a C but I dont know if I can even resubmit coursework.

ReputationRep:
    But dont you think making my coursework 2 marks better would be a lot easier than revising and resitting an exam? I deffinatly want to get my grade up to a C but I dont know if I can even resubmit coursework.
    For the 2 marks it's worth it because you're so close to the boundary.

Which C/W unit is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveislife)
    Maybe if you do resit,instead of getting a C you might end up with a B or even an A! which would really boost up ur confidence and will look great on ur application. If you dont enjoy media studies then dont repeat it!
    Can you really go up a whole grade and a bit through resitting one module? The rest of my module grades are only Cs.

ReputationRep:
    For the 2 marks it's worth it because you're so close to the boundary.

Which C/W unit is it?
    Umm its the Advance Media Production, making a 3 minute movie/trailer in any genre except thriller, the exam board was OCR. I was thinking I could just add a bit more to the write up to get those 2 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Umm its the Advance Media Production, making a 3 minute movie/trailer in any genre except thriller, the exam board was OCR. I was thinking I could just add a bit more to the write up to get those 2 marks.
    Ah right - I was on AQA. I'm pretty sure when you retake a Coursework module you have to do it all again.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right - I was on AQA. I'm pretty sure when you retake a Coursework module you have to do it all again.
    =O nooooo, god I hope thats not the case. Ill just have to ring them[who ever that might be?] up lol.

ReputationRep:
    Can you really go up a whole grade and a bit through resitting one module? The rest of my module grades are only Cs.

if you get a high A den defo u can bring up ur grade to B atleast?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveislife)
    if you get a high A den defo u can bring up ur grade to B atleast?
    Ah okay, it probably would be best to resit the exam then and maybe also change and resubmit the coursework if I can? Just so Im deffinate I will get at least a C because I found the exam im retaking pretty hard, I wrote everything I could and it still wasnt good enough. I dont know what they really want :dontknow:.

ReputationRep:
    =O nooooo, god I hope thats not the case. Ill just have to ring them[who ever that might be?] up lol.
    Lol I know it looks bad but there's probably an easier way out of it. Look at the modules you think you could've done better in then if you're on a Gap year then you'll have time to learn it again and retake!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.