Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Should Mbeki be allowed to attend the G8 whilst not condemning Mugabe?

ReputationRep:
    why would he be there?

ReputationRep:
    G8 = Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States and France. As material_breach said, why would the president of SA be there?

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    they always have invited guests of leaders from other nations - this year mbekis one of them mainly because of focus on africa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepaim)
    they always have invited guests of leaders from other nations - this year mbekis one of them mainly because of focus on africa.
    They probably have to fill quotas of blacks otherwise someone will sue them for being racist.

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    dont think that wud happen in a million yrs, we'll have black president of USA soon, ppl shouldn't notice colour, just what policies they have.

ReputationRep:
    I think its better that he is there then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyukguy)
    They probably have to fill quotas of blacks otherwise someone will sue them for being racist.

Andrew
    the way you phrase your comment belies your own prejudices - "blacks" :rolleyes:

as for the original question - I think that any leader who cooperates with such a despicable regime should really be an international pariah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    the way you phrase your comment belies your own prejudices - "blacks" :rolleyes:

as for the original question - I think that any leader who cooperates with such a despicable regime should really be an international pariah.
    Don't get your knickers in a twist, it was a joke filled with irony I had hoped.

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    I should think a couple of Africans should be invited to a conference on Africa.

Though 'Mbeki'?? Cmon, if you are going to make people up, at least give them proper names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    I should think a couple of Africans should be invited to a conference on Africa.

Though 'Mbeki'?? Cmon, if you are going to make people up, at least give them proper names.
    ?? - not sure what u mean, u joking?

Thabo Mbeki is the President of South Africa

ReputationRep:
    "South Africa". Good one. Whats next, "North Europe"?

ReputationRep:
    still lost im afraid!

ReputationRep:
    dont think that wud happen in a million yrs, we'll have black president of USA soon.....
    No we won't.

ReputationRep:
    Only because Mr T has better things to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    "South Africa". Good one. Whats next, "North Europe"?
    and north north america

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by material breach)
    and north north america
    Canada you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    That's the standard term for people with dark skin in the US.

Should Mbeki be allowed to attend the G8 whilst not condemning Mugabe?
    If you exclude all African leaders who overtly or covertly support tyrants, you're not going to be able to invite anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    That's the standard term for people with dark skin in the US.
    Quite. In my experience blacks in the US tend to be extremely offended at being referred to as anything other than blacks.

Don't forget......it's called the "Black Panthers", not the "People of Color Panthers" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Quite. In my experience blacks in the US tend to be extremely offended at being referred to as anything other than blacks.

Don't forget......it's called the "Black Panthers", not the "People of Color Panthers" :rolleyes:
    put it down to cultural differences then i guess

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.