Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive just gone to university at newcastle. Ive been there for three weeks now. However I have found these first few weeks very difficult and have been very homesick. I also dont know whether or not the course is right for me. Both me and my boyfriend were at newcastle university and we have just broken up. I dont want to include this within my decision to drop out from university and I dont want to let my family down. What is the best thing to do when deciding whether or not to drop out from university should I stick it out or come home?

ReputationRep:
    stay at uni...if you dont, u'll regret it later

ReputationRep:
    You've not been there for long, give it time and see

ReputationRep:
    I'd say give it some more time.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to transfer to a uni closer to home, doing a similar course, you can go through clearing now, but you have to be quick, as it closes within a couple of weeks. Look on the UCAS website, or ring them up if you want to do this.

It might be benefical to talk to an advisor or someone similar at your uni, tell them how you feel, and what they would advise you to do.

Think of what's best for you, not your family, I know you want to please them, etc, but at the end of the day, it's your life, your decision. I'm sure your family will support you if you turn around and say, I don't like it, the course isn't for me. I will go back to uni next year, or whatever.

Also, cut off all contact with your ex, go out with your girlfriends and try to get over him.

Hope this helps, and you gather your thoughts and find out what you want to do soon Good luck

Stay there, Newcastle is a great university and you'll really regret leaving it.

ReputationRep:
    Last year all I wanted to do was drop out and go home. This year it all just seems to click into place,
    mostly on the social front. Stick it out.

ReputationRep:
    why do i have a feeling that you iz :troll:ing ?

but if u dont have such intentions, then You have to choose for urself, as if u drop and regret it, u will blame then ppl who told u to drop.
    and if u stick with it and get depressed and regret staying u will blame TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone gets homesick when they first get to uni!

Dont give up now, they will be the best 3 years of your life. Go out as much as poss/join clubs/have fun!

Lots of people are in the same boat as you! Newcastle is a fantastic uni!

Enjoy and good luck

ReputationRep:
    Explore the possiblity of changing courses to something that you think is better for you before you drop out entirely.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.