Help Me Budget Watch

site
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hello,

I'm unsure how to budget. As soon as I get money, I spend it. I'll be getting the grant (full) and I'm staying at home, so I'll be paying for travel. Other than that, I will eat at home most likely, but will pay for things like clothes etc. Although I don't do that everyday!

Okay so what is the typical about of teaching weeks? I'm assuming it's 30. That means at most, I will be paying £21.10 for travel (weekly pass).

What other things should I consider in my budget?

I'd like to help out in the house by paying for fruit etc. but I've never done this before so, do help out.
Aack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Someone made a thread similar to this and went full on with a pie chart - if you can find that, it covers pretty much everything. Although, I did not agree with his estimations on how much things cost.
Aack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by site)
Hello,

I'm unsure how to budget. As soon as I get money, I spend it. I'll be getting the grant (full) and I'm staying at home, so I'll be paying for travel. Other than that, I will eat at home most likely, but will pay for things like clothes etc. Although I don't do that everyday!

Okay so what is the typical about of teaching weeks? I'm assuming it's 30. That means at most, I will be paying £21.10 for travel (weekly pass).

What other things should I consider in my budget?

I'd like to help out in the house by paying for fruit etc. but I've never done this before so, do help out.
This is the one...
site
Rep:
?
That chart doesn't seem right to me.

For me it's:

Tuition fee - £3225 Tuition fee loan - £3225 (so cancelled out).
Grant - £2900
Bursary - £319

Weekly expenses:
Travel £21.10

One time expenses:
Books - No idea

etc.
Aack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by site)
That chart doesn't seem right to me.

For me it's:

Tuition fee - £3225 Tuition fee loan - £3225 (so cancelled out).
Grant - £2900
Bursary - £319

Weekly expenses:
Travel £21.10

One time expenses:
Books - No idea

etc.
Obviously you will need to tweak it to your own needs - it's not a magic pie chart you know, just gives you an idea.
site
Rep:
?
lol
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (218)
78.42%
No (60)
21.58%

Watched Threads