Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went in the J.B. Morrell library and didn't have much luck; I've never used a very large library in the past. I don't expect anyone to write me up a guide but is there anywhere I could get help? I'd like to get something out before my tour. The website wasn't helpful in providing a guide to finding what I wanted. Where might I find my library card, too?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Your university card acts as a library card. There's various terminals dotted around where you can look up books in the library's catalogue, or you can do the same from the comfort of your own home. Shelves are all lettered, if you ask the receptionists they should be able to direct you to the right floor/location for the shelf you're after.

ReputationRep:
    Plus if there are any students around don't hesitate to ask, We are very friendly!

The receptionists will be more than happy to help you out and give you all the information you need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catapult Queen)
    Plus if there are any students around don't hesitate to ask, We are very friendly!
    That's the one thing I've noticed most about York - most people are lovely, and frequently offer help to those looking bewildered. Feels like a proper community.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IeuanF)
    That's the one thing I've noticed most about York - most people are lovely, and frequently offer help to those looking bewildered. Feels like a proper community.
    Awwe yay :p: I remember my first week last year, I was constantly asking people where so and so was, and they were more than happy to help. In fact one insisted on walking me half way across campus to the door of my supervisor!

How are you settling in? Finding your way round ok? I'm counting down the days for Freshers' Fair... Freebies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catapult Queen)
    How are you settling in? Finding your way round ok? I'm counting down the days for Freshers' Fair... Freebies
    I'm settling in well. I mostly know my way around campus and can use the library, so am pretty much sorted.

How's being a 2nd year?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.