Work experience in Law Firm Watch

NE90
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi,

I'm currently doing an access course, Certificate of Higher Education Legal Methods, at Birkbeck. I would like to do a Work Experience in a Law Firm, one day a week until summer. As I depend on my own and I have to work, I can't do more than one day a week. Do I have any chances?

Thanks, N
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would have thought it quite unlikely - though you've got nothing to lose by asking I suppose. If you don't manage to get work in a law firm, you can spend a couple of days at court as an alternative - go to court (google hmcs) and walk into a few cases.
eve_22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by NE90)
Hi,

I'm currently doing an access course, Certificate of Higher Education Legal Methods, at Birkbeck. I would like to do a Work Experience in a Law Firm, one day a week until summer. As I depend on my own and I have to work, I can't do more than one day a week. Do I have any chances?

Thanks, N
Hi,

I also studied on the same course last year and, as far as I remember, Birkbeck had a scheme whereby 6 or so students could do a placement at Bindmans LLP. Maybe you should try and check whether they are doing the same thing this year, and wait until the right time to apply?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (324)
77.7%
No (93)
22.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise