Turn on thread page Beta

Has anybody heard from their medical schools yet? Or still too early?.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just wondering whether any of the applicants that have applied this year to study medicine in 2010 or 2011 have had any replies for any of their four uni's??

Because my form was just sent now and i am wondering when it will be most likely to recieve hear any reply?

Thanks! xx

ReputationRep:
    You'll hear when you hear.

ReputationRep:
    some Birmingham applicants have already got interviews. Other people have just received aknowledgements from some of the unis that have applied to. From the beginning of November things will start to pick up for everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trektor)
    some Birmingham applicants have already got interviews. Other people have just received aknowledgements from some of the unis that have applied to. From the beginning of November things will start to pick up for everyone
    very helpful thanks mate! xx

ReputationRep:
    a friend of mine whos reapplying has got an interview at birmingham for medicine. he did send his UCAS early september though

ReputationRep:
    The only replies I got were regarding acknowledgements which still made me feel at least a little special :p:

I'm guessing it's still too early, but that doesn't stop me from checking Track everyday :teeth:

:moon:

ReputationRep:
    Same here...I know it's way too early, but can't stop checking track
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by The_wise)
    Hey,

Just wondering whether any of the applicants that have applied this year to study medicine in 2010 or 2011 have had any replies for any of their four uni's??

Because my form was just sent now and i am wondering when it will be most likely to recieve hear any reply?

Thanks! xx
    I've heard of people getting interviews from Leeds,Birmingham and Bristol,and they all applied in September...Since you've only sent the application now,the replies will take a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    I've heard of people getting interviews from Leeds,Birmingham and Bristol,and they all applied in September...Since you've only sent the application now,the replies will take a while.
    Seeing as i have sent it now, does that put me at any disadvantage??

ReputationRep:
    There is no disadvantage at all, just that you may or may not have to wait a little longer

ReputationRep:
    No not at all. It's only Birmingham who really send interviews out before the UCAS deadline. Most will be after Christmas with some medical schools holding interviews in November and December

ReputationRep:
    Phew.. thanks guys!! xx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'll join in with the above guys...there's absolutely no disadvantage,you'll just have to wait a bit longer

ReputationRep:
    last year I checked track quite often. Even this year where I know this regular track checking is pointless I know I'll probably end up doing it.

ReputationRep:
    lool trekkie.

in me first i checked track a lot

in me last i neva checked it once i was sooo sick of it hehehe

ReputationRep:
    i just got a postcard from southampton thanking me for choosing them

which is quite nice just hope they choose me when picking who they want on the course lol

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT send all the results to the univeristies in November,
    it said so in an email i got from them a few days ago..

so any univeristies that rank students according to their ukcat will probably not send out any interviews before this,

from a guess anyway

sent mine today!!! finally!

ReputationRep:
    do all unis send acknowledgement emails? Because I haven't got any... I suppose its because I sent on the 1st October, but I have my welcome letter....

ReputationRep:
    You get an email whenever track is updated, so you don't need to keep checking it every 2 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple100)
    do all unis send acknowledgement emails? Because I haven't got any... I suppose its because I sent on the 1st October, but I have my welcome letter....
    Nope not all universities do it so don't worry

(Original post by Neomaster121)
    i just got a postcard from southampton thanking me for choosing them

which is quite nice just hope they choose me when picking who they want on the course lol
    Do you reckon they'll bother sending one all the way here?

Would be pretty neat if they did :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 25, 2009

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.