When did you apply? Get income assessed? Get paid? Watch

Neblin88
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Im trying to build up an idea of how much the SFE are sticking to the promises they have made to thousands of students.

I applied for finance late (by 1 week), which I can't blame the SFE authority for.

Having said that, I only recieved my standard loan amount last week. So they were way off their estimated deadline for supporting students.

I have also realised from what SFE are stating - that I should have also been income assessed and should have recieved this amount already - which I have not.

What are your experiences / dates of applying for and recieving support?
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
February
June
Loan and grant received this week as promised.
irishmonkey2009
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Neblin88)
Im trying to build up an idea of how much the SFE are sticking to the promises they have made to thousands of students.

I applied for finance late (by 1 week), which I can't blame the SFE authority for.

Having said that, I only recieved my standard loan amount last week. So they were way off their estimated deadline for supporting students.

I have also realised from what SFE are stating - that I should have also been income assessed and should have recieved this amount already - which I have not.

What are your experiences / dates of applying for and recieving support?
I applied 26th August. Problems with them loosing my passport and finding it again. Been told lots of conflicting information. Assessed last week, just sent signature form back. problems though as online isnt same as letter..... who knows if/when I ll get paid.
mart2306
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I applied in time, got my interim loan part less than a week after freshers week. Now I'm on week 4 of the course.
Grant should come through (or be sent) tomorrow, its an interim grant apparently (actually its full grant but loan isn't full yet) according to SFE.
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Applied in May, granted independent status last friday and therefore got income assessed yesterday and the excess money is going to be paid into my account tomorrow. I got the basic maintenence loan on the day my course started.
PsYCho ThInKeR
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Applied 26th august income assessed, recieved first payment on 28th september.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (406)
46.14%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (270)
30.68%
I don't have an opinion (204)
23.18%

Watched Threads