Turn on thread page Beta

Qm, Kings, Ucl watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have to choose one these three. And considering I dont have outstanding GCSE grades which would be the best for me to choose? I'm predicted AAAB and my AS were BCCCC

ReputationRep:
    Queen Mary, but with your grades even they may reject you.
    Ideally you shouls have As/Bs at AS minimum

ReputationRep:
    Don't they look at the whole A level rather than just the AS.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the university, but the top universities such as King's and UCL and in the case of law QMUL will have such competition for such courses that inevitably they are going to look more at pupils who already have AAA at AS, rather than taking a gamble on someone predicted to do much better at A2 than they did at AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolicon)
    Don't they look at the whole A level rather than just the AS.
    The AS is a better indicated as it is the easiest part of the A Level. Rarely do people pull up grades through A2 modules but rather through AS retakes.

Ask yourself this: Do you think you can get AAAB without retaking your AS units????

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Um, it's worth a shot but don't set your heart on it. You really need A/B's like someone said above at As. Also being predicted A's from C's is a bit...iffy.

QMUL is regarded slightly easier to get into out of all of those. Hopefully you have some other sensible, lower ranked choices. If your GCSE's were not outstanding and your As grades were not outstanding (as in all A's) then you are taking quite a risk. I really would not apply to UCL if I were you.

What were your GCSE's, out of interest? They may be better than you think..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Um, it's worth a shot but don't set your heart on it. You really need A/B's like someone said above at As. Also being predicted A's from C's is a bit...iffy.

QMUL is regarded slightly easier to get into out of all of those. Hopefully you have some other sensible, lower ranked choices. If your GCSE's were not outstanding and your As grades were not outstanding (as in all A's) then you are taking quite a risk. I really would not apply to UCL if I were you.

What were your GCSE's, out of interest? They may be better than you think..

I agree, if your gcses aren't A*s/As then don't bother, you really need to tell them why your grades at AS were low (according to top unis)

ReputationRep:
    Put it this way, I have:
    GCSEs: 9A*s 1A
    ASs: AABB + A in general studies

...and im ******** myself about getting into UCL or Kings, seriously I consider myself a scrape with my grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baba_moon)
    I agree, if your gcses aren't A*s/As then don't bother, you really need to tell them why your grades at AS were low (according to top unis)
    Yes, however it's a waste of space if they were low just because of lack of effort. If you had genuine mitigating circumstances that you can prove with documents around the time of your exams, e.g serious illness, bereavement, then you can but if not, don't bother.

Bottom line is probably that you just did not do enough work because if that was not the case I'm sure you'd have said.

ReputationRep:
    Put it this way, I have:
    GCSEs: 9A*s 1A
    ASs: AABB + A in general studies

...and im ******** myself about getting into UCL or Kings, seriously I consider myself a scrape with my grades
    Don't **** yourself, you stand good chance, honestly. Just nail that LNAT! :yep:
    I am applying to UCL next year, after having to re sit year 12 due to mitigating circumstances. Gah, hate my life being delayed a year by crap. I should have AAABBE at As when I apply though. (Yes, just ignore that E )

ReputationRep:
    So, which one actually interviews the students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Don't **** yourself, you stand good chance, honestly. Just nail that LNAT! :yep:
    I am applying to UCL next year, after having to re sit year 12 due to mitigating circumstances. Gah, hate my life being delayed a year by crap. I should have AAABBE at As when I apply though. (Yes, just ignore that E )
    Lol LNAT, I aint doing law:p:
    Im applying for maths and economics at LSE and Im really worried about my ASs, I worked really hard, thought I nailed the exams but this happened.
    Ah well, everything happens for the better probably.

What you applying for then????

ReputationRep:
    depends on the course really,

what you applying for???

They usually don't interview if it aint medicine/law/dentistry, but they do tend to interview borderline candidates on special circumstances.

If you got a place, it would be through a lot of interviews and sheer luck
    Good luck then, no seriously it depends on the course

ReputationRep:
    Lol LNAT, I aint doing law:p:
    Im applying for maths and economics at LSE and Im really worried about my ASs, I worked really hard, thought I nailed the exams but this happened.
    Ah well, everything happens for the better probably.

What you applying for then????

Oooh. Did you get predicted A*AA, I hope so!
    Good luck, yea a lot of people for that will have AAAA or even AAAAA as i'm sure you know however your GCSE's are amazing and that puts you at an advantage in some respects. My fingers are crossed for you!

I'm applying for Law.

As far as I am aware, Law do not interview with exception to Oxbridge. Sometimes Kent interview if they see a student with great potential and want to give them a lower offer.
    Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, I dont think LSE interview for law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Oooh. Did you get predicted A*AA, I hope so!
    Good luck, yea a lot of people for that will have AAAA or even AAAAA as i'm sure you know however your GCSE's are amazing and that puts you at an advantage in some respects. My fingers are crossed for you!

I'm applying for Law.
    nah my school doesn't give stupid predictions, a shame I know
    Im predicted: AAAB
    I am doing maths and further maths of which I have an A in both, which does help and I also do biology and chemistry + general studies

Yeah I kinda got lucky on the gcses, wasn't my best year shall we say.
    Im hoping for a AABB offer, we shall see lol

Good luck for law as well

ReputationRep:
    I thought for Law UCL did interview...

ReputationRep:
    nah my school doesn't give stupid predictions, a shame I know
    Im predicted: AAAB
    I am doing maths and further maths of which I have an A in both, which does help and I also do biology and chemistry + general studies

Yeah I kinda got lucky on the gcses, wasn't my best year shall we say.
    Im hoping for a AABB offer, we shall she lol

Good luck for law as well
    Thank you. Best of luck also. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I thought for Law UCL did interview...
    Honestly retake your ASs in January and reapply after a gap year if you want a top uni. There are too many pricks like me applying with my kinda grades for what you want to do.

You need AABB minimum at AS and that is a scrape tbh

ReputationRep:
    btw is that a picture of you? Your body is ******* ripped, like RIPPED!!!!
    Did you spend last year trying to get ripped then revise for your ASs, I know another guy who did that, he managed to get: CCDD

But still, RIPPED

ReputationRep:
    Honestly retake your ASs in January and reapply after a gap year if you want a top uni. There are too many pricks like me applying with my kinda grades for what you want to do.

You need AABB minimum at AS and that is a scrape tbh
    This.
    Gap year if you really want top ten such as UCL. Otherwise, it's a long shot, you have no excuses for those grades.

btw is that a picture of you? Your body is ******* ripped, like RIPPED!!!!
    Clearly, steroids.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 12, 2009

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.