Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I would very much like to undertake a placement in a law firm for one day a week until October 2010, when I anticipate starting my undergraduate studies.

As I depend on myself, I have to work, and that's why I can't do more than one day a week, but I can also offer to work every other day I'm off (in my holidays, and I could work the entire September 2010.

Now I would like to know, what I could do in a law firm? How can I be an asset to them? What do you do when you do work experience in a law firm? I'll probably just run around getting coffee and stuff. (That's how it is in Germany, if you haven't started studying for a degree yet.) As German is my native language, I could be useful for law firms with German connections.

Does anybody of you have some experience with work experiences in a law firm?

Thank you,

Nadine

ReputationRep:
    I did a week of work experience in quite a small law firm, and there was no coffee making
    They taught me how to do file closures and other office work, let me read up on cases and then took me to court with them so I could see what went on
    Hope this helps

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.